Broly the new super saiyan beardie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

So I moved things around in Broly's tank and got some gifts already! My birthday is May 25 so that's Wednesday, I'll be 29 years old...I didn't wanna grow up since 17 years old. Broly's not eating not even bugs or apples I guess an off day. Cleaned out the bug bins and put fresh mustards in (stopped using water crystals months ago I heard bad things about the polymer stuff or whatever). My mom is going to be taking care of the bugs, my brother is in charge of greens. They'll throw out old food and keep offering salads if he's hungry he'll eat something. Im sure my brother will take care of the lights and CHE still cold at night. It's sunny the week Im in California...seriously...! No one will take him out so they'll probably just sit him in a sunny window.

As for now, Broly is in the sunny window (for now) I don't feel too well to go outside not sick but not feeling right. I'm having an off day myself. I got clothes packed and my stuffed animal and others that are important to the trip. Broly bb on and off some days he's bbing and other days hes not...so spring fever may be almost over or at least slowing down. He weighs 375...got over being stuck between 371-373g. Broly gets offered water on his nose 3x a week plus a bath 1x a week. He'll be eating some apple sauce tomorrow so he'll poop before I leave. Of course, rubbing the belly the whole time.

Let me know if I should change my water schedule. He's not dehydrated specially when the veggies/greens I get him to eat have water on them.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Got Broly to eat two crickets and apple sauce. He also pooped so that's done for the week. I also disinfected the plastic tote that he uses. I got my boarding pass and my ID card so Im good to go through security. I'm gone 4 days really. I'm leaving tonight 3am my flight is 6:55a but need to board 6:25a. My brother will wake Broly at 8 and I will have bags of mustards that he can dump in a bowl and Broly may or may not eat it. I already showered because I won't have time tomorrow. I really need to find a timer for my lights >_<. Well Im gonna relax for a bit before I make up salads and still pack some things.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

My friend is asleep and Im alone and bored LOL. Anyway Im in California now and I been up all night and most of the day only to pass out at 11:30 this morning to wake up at 2p yeah great use of vacation time....did sleep a bit on the plane which I never do!

We had a blast going out to Glendale checking out movie times at the mall. I already saw Captain America but he's thinking about seeing it before I go back home as he never has time busy with work. This is his vacation too as he never takes a lot of them. We're definitely doing Disneyland he wants to torture me and put me on Hyperspace Mountain ride LOL I don't like speed too much.

Some good news about Broly, HE ATE A COUPLE PIECES OF GREENS ON HIS OWN!! I was so shocked to see my mom type that today. He never eats them on his own since he turned 1 year! Yeah, a couple not a lot but it's something and a start to maybe he'll eat while Im home for the rest of the year. I travel on planes once a year. Sad news my frog, Ethel got so thin she died today, she ate a lot I was wondering if she got some kind of cancer. My mom called to tell me I have 5 frogs...damn.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sorry to hear about Ethel but glad to hear about Broly. Glad you're having a good vacation now that you're less tired. You obviously needed the nap! Have a great time!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thank you, Deb.

Hey,

Today wasn't that good. I mean the day was good and usually when I take my Lactaid pill and Im fine but somehow ice cream really really messed me up. It came up the same way it went in sorry for TMI at least I didn't say actual word. I texted my mom and she called and said take fluids. I did get dehydrated since I had two ends attacking me! He felt so bad that it was his fault I told him he wasn't because I asked for it. It didn't taste good coming back up.

Broly news: he ate one cricket today mom said she couldn't find it but I told her it could hide in the log she left him with the bug with the log inside so she didn't look because she doesn't believe they "bite" hey I tried! I hope he did eat it I don't need a vet bill for a bite that could be avoided. He better be ok. He's really sad that I left he doesn't really want to eat but he'll eat bits and pieces. He probably thinks I left because he didn't eat much while I was there. I didn't teach him any lessons here but he's not eating much now either. Im probably gonna get the biggest stink eye when I come home.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

I came home at 8p on Thur and he was up but a stink eye! He was mad that I left for 4 days and BECAUSE he decided not to eat much at all while I was gone he dropped 7g making a total of 368 his weight. I'll bring it up he ate some today and yesterday. I gave apple sauce but probably not much to poop. He was 375 so my goal is to get back 7g and go from there.
He did get calcium M-W and today got vitamin. Next is bath and see what I can do but gonna let him relax. June is around the corner so hopefully he eats on his own and end this assist feed. I'm the only reason he hasn't lost much weight. I give basil, mint and rosemary too he likes herbs. I have cut out apples (except apple sauce) so he hasn't seen the fruit. Hopefully. It works out better in June. He's also eating some bugs again.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Its' amazing how much they miss us when we're not home. A friend of mine was in hospital suddenly for 2 weeks and even though her husband took good care of their dragon, she declined while Mom was gone. This is why I don't travel much, I hate to leave my crew. I'm glad you had a good time, it's good for you to get away, 7g is nothing with weight loss, Kami and now he's glad that Mom's back again. He'll get that weight back and more before you know it!

And hopefully he starts eating on his own again, too. Cierra is eating everything in sight, on her own, yeah! Nathaniel went through a bad time last week, not sure why, but gave him Imp's mix for 2 days and now his colours are back to normal, plus he did a big poop. But he still won't eat on his own. So tomorrow I'm going to throw some worms at him to see if he'll eat them. He hates me feeding him but then he won't eat on his own. Quite the conundrum :lol: Cierra also pooped but both their urates were rock hard, so while I'm home this week, they're getting soaks every day for awhile.

They're enough to drive you crazy with their strange ways, right?

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Deb, Im in the same boat as you. Broly doesn't like assist feed and won't eat the veggies if I let them sit there. Quite the conundrum for sure :lol:.
I have been giving food twice a day bugs he'll eat, veggies I have to assist. He's now 370 so 5 more left and we'll be back where we were. I tried everything for salads: worms he ate around greens to get them, different items and colors didn't bother and apple juice/sauce too (no added sugar) and all he'd do is look for the apple if he can't find it he gets annoyed and walks off. I know he isn't sick just very stubborn like my old man Vash was with greens. I don't mind assist feedings as long as it isn't bugs I don't mind worms or roaches but I will not touch crickets. He ate 6 roaches in 10 minutes (had to leave in a hurry or would have been 15). He's happy because he gets window time after feedings (except this morning). He got three squirts .03ml of water into him (filtered) and one .03ml of calcium afterward. Also fed my two tarantulas and scorpion some crickets. Defrosting some frozen bloodworms for my 5 frogs and 10 tadpoles.
I hate leaving Broly and my arachnids and scorpion, frogs, hamster and gerbils behind. I know others will eat, Broly is the one who cares. He did lose 18g during semi winter period still trying to get that back plus 5g now for not eating during my vacation. I got a lot of grams to catch up on. Im confident I can get em all back and he'll be 393 again. He is a lean dragon not husky or hefty though big dragons look cuddly, he isn't 2 years yet but I have a feeling I have a lean sized dragon which is just fine.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I know you will Kami, just takes time. If you find he's not eating, try the mix I made for Imp, It really helped him eat everything. I don't know if you have the ingredients, but it's 1/4 tsp carnivore care, 1/4 tsp critical care, 1 tsp butternut squash baby food and sprinkled liberally with bee pollen, a bit of water and mix well (I use a small whisk) and feed by syringe. It's amazing how it raises appetite for bugs and greens. Good luck but you'll see, summer has hardly started and he'll get his appetite back. Don't worry if he eats more bugs than greens, he'll eventually get into greens. Bugs are more important when you need to put weight on your dragon.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Thanks for that recipe! I do have Carnivore from Alucard's illness. I'll use that. Broly been like this since April 24 of this year so we'll see what happens so far not acting ill and weight seems steady. I offer greens every day just eventually I get tired of waiting for him to go eat so I hand feed. He gets really bright when I bring him out to eat. He knows the mustards are beside him he just doesn't care. Bugs he really likes no matter what. He did poop on Tue and the poop itself and urate great but 3 dots of red...or maybe it was blood on the urate. I freaked out and dumped it so I didn't think about vet oops. So I gave water and take thick and fiberous parts of stems of greens out maybe that's the problem but waiting for next poop so far that's the first time ever that happened. Other than that he's bright, happy and loves the window. Will eat his bugs but no salads! I'll be trying the mix after I get some butternut squash.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Ok Deb Im gonna do that he may be dehydrated and since it wasn't much blood (if that's what it was) it's an easy fix or should be. He don't eat much veggies/fruit so him pooping often is impossible. Unless I give him crix every day he'll have something to poop but I don't...it's an every other day thing. Should I feed him bugs every day? Practically the only thing he'll eat well. He used to eat greens well then stopped, sounds a lot like Vash LOL. Old man ate greens when he was young stopped when he got older. I was bad then as I gave in to his protests of wanting apples and pumpkin. I'm not going down there again...he will eat more items.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Did chop up some items for salad...been left all morning but he didn't eat. Gave him a bath...no poop (figures). I never thought I'd say this...I really really wanna see his next BM. I'm on the waiting game still. Weighed him and he's 372g he gained two from Monday (370g). Weight loss not existing here he's gaining slowly 3 more grams left to get. Trying to get him to eat on his own...he's really not interested, I miss when he was intereated in salads. He figured out crix will come to him the reason why he doesn't chase them. He ate 6 supers (I don't give them every day). I give silk or crix every day along with salad which he can care less about. Transitioning from less bugs more salad isn't as easy though he was offered greens daily as a young dragon. I never stopped offering! He's one of the dragons that don't like salads...I feel like giving up offering salads all its doing is frustrating me and he just continues to ignore no matter what colore, flavors or items I put in he just doesn't want it. I did the mix though so theres that.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Be patient one day he might do a huge poop right in your lap. Mine will wait two or three days sometimes then do a HUGE poop! this morning he pooped on his bridge and then refused to use the top level until i took the poop off of his bridge....
BlueDragon09":wl4glqvp said:
Hey,

Did chop up some items for salad...been left all morning but he didn't eat. Gave him a bath...no poop (figures). I never thought I'd say this...I really really wanna see his next BM. I'm on the waiting game still. Weighed him and he's 372g he gained two from Monday (370g). Weight loss not existing here he's gaining slowly 3 more grams left to get. Trying to get him to eat on his own...he's really not interested, I miss when he was intereated in salads. He figured out crix will come to him the reason why he doesn't chase them. He ate 6 supers (I don't give them every day). I give silk or crix every day along with salad which he can care less about. Transitioning from less bugs more salad isn't as easy though he was offered greens daily as a young dragon. I never stopped offering! He's one of the dragons that don't like salads...I feel like giving up offering salads all its doing is frustrating me and he just continues to ignore no matter what colore, flavors or items I put in he just doesn't want it. I did the mix though so theres that.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Beardiemama: funny you say that he goes once a week in the bath. I have been pooped on before when he was younger.

So it appears with orally given water and 3x a week bath he just goes once a week he just don't eat enough. He's not struggling to go at all the rest of the week. I'll be surprised if he's still dehydrated he can't be with all the water he gets. I won't be surprised if he passes a runny poop LOL all that water. He still has trouble holding lots of water like he was a baby. We have a shaded sitting area where I go and he has a sunny area where he sits in his outside enclosure I got when I went to the wedding of a friend. He sat in that thing for 3 hours. That's right outside for 3 hours. The giant wasps and bees came to greet me now usually afraid theyll sting I stayed still and kept calm till the flew away. I was focused on being calm around the stingers Broly spotted a rolly poly/pill bug whatever and ate it! We don't use pesticides but not sure on the neighbors but that was two hours ago still acting fine and I have activated charcoal if any toxic arises. I'm prepared!

Ps: dad was grilling about 3-6" away will the smell of bbq hurt him? It's propane not charcoal if that makes a difference. Hes ok now but wanna know.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom