Sexing dragons with flashlight?

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Btw, I'm still seeking a couple pictures, of this (originals, not someone else's), if anyone would be willing to take them and provide them to me to put into an updating "Sexing" article.

Thanks,
-Alex

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Awesome! Thanks! If you could email it to me (email address should be linked to the right, or at least on my profile page), that would be great! Highest resolution possible (original in a ZIP file would be good to ensure email programs don't rewrite it).

I had to comment here b/c after ALL this time (since May 2015) I think that Milla is actually Milo. I *think* there are 2 bumps by the tail. I want to do the flashlight test later today.

So that means Fred is a female (who my nieces and nephew were told was a boy, but is a girl!), and Milla, who I was told was a female, is male. hah.

This does make sense though. M is much bigger than Fred, has a thick tail, and gets black-beard, head-bobby, and tries everything to get to Fred.

Perhaps a name change is in order.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
for those having trouble you can try what egg candlers do, they make a paper or cardboard cutout and place it on the flashlight or in front of the light.

Mrjaws

Good morning. Uh sexing with a flashlight. If my supervisor made an error in naming me, we would only change one letter in my name and go about our lives having fun. (Mrjaws to Msjaws). My supervisor is now looking for a flashlight to do his investigation. This is humiliating.

Diego1228

Ive recently purchased New beardies (all around 2 months) buying them I've known their sex, however to confirm it myself I tried the flashlight method and it gave me a 100% confirmation of their sex. I suggest using a light from some sort of pen that lights up at the end or those smaller lights that you click. and directly place the light behind your beardies tail for better results ! :blob5:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom