Darwin

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
10,000th post! I figure I should post something fun. A photo of Darwin being very excited to sit in the window sill for the first time and watching the people go by.

76248-6806892673.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
He doesn't have any claws to use for hanging but he managed to wedge himself between the heavy blinds and screen and shimmy up to a stand and turn his head sideways to get a better look. Silly dude.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
He's become a pro at pushing back the heavy blinds and crawling through to get a better look. Hopefully the weather will allow him to go outside soon.

His shed is going full blast now. He has been dragging himself all around the house along the rug and his whole belly came peeling off. He's working on his hands and head now. He's doing pretty well with it so far. Almost have enough shed skin collected to put together a second dragon :wink:

Betty53218

Hatchling Member
That's so funny! Smaug is doing the same thing. He shed the upper half of his tail, half of his legs, half of his chest,his head and beard. I looked at him and promised him he would feel better now and wouldn't shed for awhile. Lo and behold, now the rest of his underside and the rest of his left leg is going! For a minute there I thought he had gout in his leg until I noticed it was white. Here we go again! He waves his leg around like it's really bothering him. Feel sorry for the poor guys.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Darwin makes me laugh getting through those blinds to the window. And Imp is shedding, too, his tummy came off in one long piece, now waiting for his head and all 4 legs to start as well as his back. He's turning red/orange more each day! I'm so pleased with him, he's now 5 mo old and is 104g and 13" long as of last Sunday, so will be pleased to weigh and measure him this Sunday.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Gave up on the diet and probiotics approach today (I will still offer him food and probiotics, just not alone). Poop is still delivered as 10g applesauce in the middle of a pool under a cloud of stink. Called the vet and she ordered some Toltrazuril. Hopefully a quick treatment will get everything back in order for him. He's otherwise still doing very well.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Good to hear, I have to have some poops test done, too, a few stinky ones, but can't until April 8 when I get paid again. He'll be fine in no time. Have a nice Easter weekend!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Had another successful trip up to Minnesota for the weekend. Darwin seemed to enjoy the car ride a bit more this time. His playpen worked well but unfortunately the MegaRay didn't arrive in time to test it out. It's in place over his dining room basking spot now though. His playpen worked well and gives him a good bit of space. The nieces and nephews were very interested in him and he dealt with the increased attention very well and ate veges from their hands. I'm sure he's glad to be back in his familiar home now though.

His meds haven't arrived yet but his poop was more solid than usual and smelled normal this morning rather than clear the room smelly. Maybe just a one off but perhaps the Acidophiliz+ is finally helping.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh he's going to enjoy outside time now that he has a Mega Ray to sit under to warm up, he'll never want to be in his tank again. I always leave one of my boys out for the day when I'm at work, they take turns. I don't get home until 9:30, but there are likes of hide places they can go to if they want to sleep before I come home. Having an Arcadia UVB at the top of the ramp is why they can be out for the day.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
It was already tough to get him to go back into his tank so I guess the better approach is to give him some UVB while he's out.. Hopefully it will be warm enough soon for him to roam around the yard and get some real sunlight. I'm sure he'll love that.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm sure he will, too. I don't have a yard but a large balcony with too much stuff on it, so will be glad to get it all cleaned up so they can get outside time again.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
The Ponazuril arrived today. He got his first dose and licked it right up. Pretty easy so far! Next dose is on Monday. Hopefully this will clear him up quickly =).

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Don't forget to give him probiotics in between for his tummy. Glad you got the meds and yes, should clear him up quickly.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom