Darwin

Heyimbrit

Juvie Member
Just peeked in on him for a few minutes. I saw you put him back in then he bobbed at something (probably you) then started glass dancing. A minute later he was back out. Spoiled little on he is lol

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Yeah he does NOT want to sit still. He just ate a few roaches so I wanted him to get some UVB but he wasn't having it. He ate a few big mouthfuls of salad and then wanted out. He's been patrolling back and forth between the living room and the dining room and stopping once in a while at his portable basking spot in the dining room. I can't believe how much energy he has. Caught him head bobbing at nothing a little while ago. I think I adopted a teenager. Oh boy, here we go!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
He probably is like my Nathaniel, who's only 2 yrs old, he thinks he's my security chief and bobs at anything & everything to let anything & everything know that HE'S THE BOSS of the house. It's hilarious to watch.

He is a wonderful dragon and I"m so glad he's full of energy, eating well and basking (when he wants to). He sounds like alot of fun :mrgreen:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Quite a handful so far. Not what I thought I was getting when I first saw him and his frail little body. The extra energy may be a phase so I'll just let him run it out for now but if he continues to favor basking in the dining room and running around a lot I may pick up a metal halide bulb for one of his portable basking areas so he gets plenty of proper light. He sat still in his tank for another 10 minutes or so, went over and gobbled up a bit more salad, then wanted out again and is back on patrol.

anastasia6988

Hatchling Member
Aww, so cute. Congrats on your new beardie. I think that is great you are giving him such a wonderful home. He will be spoiled I'm sure! He looks like he is loving life. :)

So awesome that you were able to rescue one off craigslist. he must not have meant much to his former owner at all if they wanted him out of the way for fish they hadn't even gotten yet. me and my wife took one in from a craigslist giveaway once. owner said she made a barking noise when she was aggravated. it was a cough from RI, took her to the vet. she was full of pinworms, skinny and had atadenovirus. sadly the vet said the RI was so far along that coupled with the huge parasite load and ATD that all he could do was euthanize. so all in all we spent over $200 on someone else's "problem". I can only hope that poor Athena had a little comfort in the end with people that actually cared about her.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
It's horrible that happens. I'm still glad you took her in and I'm sure she appreciated being loved in the end.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Yeah he decided to have a second poop right after I left for work and then completely lost it trying to get out and glass dance. Got home from work, plopped him in a bath with some dr bronners for a bit while I removed everything. rinsed the tank and furniture with vinegar/water and sanitized with some F10. Tiles and wood are baking in the oven now and he's under his portable very satisfied with himself. :roll:

He readily ate a handful of dubia earlier today. Wasn't too big into his salad except to run through it but that's OK. His weight is down a bit today (308g) but that may just be more water loss via poop. He's still as active as I've seen him and eats well so I'm not too worried about it. Poop is still a bit stinky and watery but it's starting to become more well formed than before and I'm starting to see some signs of normal urate. Probably more info than anyone wants, sorry. I'm partly using this to make a log of his progress so I can look back on it. I was glad I did that with Dundee.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Probably. He's eaten anything I've thrown his way so far. His salads this week are a mix of collards, bok choy, chopped green beans, zucchini, and yellow bell peppers. The greens are his favorite but he likes all of it to an extent. He liked the yellow peppers the day they were introduced. I think he was interested in the bright color.

Just took this of him and his pacman face under his portable light in the dining room.
76248-8494530636.jpg

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom