Coccidia and Gout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You can get some screen from home depot, or lowes & just basically get a plastic tub & sift it out that way. Sometimes you can actually buy it already washed & sifted though.

Tracie

Khloi

Original Poster
Hey! I haven't posted here in a long time so I thought I best let you guys know how my little Rocket is getting on.

The vet says he will probably have the coccidia forever, she doesn't know what is making him keep it as I give him clean foods and clean him out enough, she thinks it'll just be something he has for the rest of his life. She isn't concerned as there isn't enough in his system to do any harm.

He is getting better at running, he still waddles with his back legs, still kinda limpy with the left but I don't really care as as long as hes walking and keeps that leg everything is okay with me!

He has put on loads LOADS of weight, he is 340g right now and such a chunk! He doesn't look fat and runs around so much when he is out so I'm not sure where he is hiding it....

Hes moved on to eating mealworm and locust, hes gotten so much better with veg and loves his kale, carrot, rocket and green beans.

He's in the middle of yet another shed which means he is probably gonna get bigger..where has the time gone T-T

Anyways here is a recent pic of my little monster.. Smaug inspired. c:

11044559_685978698177297_2071022012563626085_n.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is terrific Rocket is doing so well now, how wonderful.
Most have a low level of coccidia which doesn't bother them at all, so I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as he is healthy.
It sounds like is eating a good variety also as he has gained so much weight! So he is eating his greens now also along with his insects? What a good boy he has been then. LOL
He has put on some muscle & is filling out nicely.
I hope his shed comes along easily for him!
Thanks for the wonderful update.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom