Broly the new super saiyan beardie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks I may look for a new bin to bathe him in. I'll even lysol the walls of the sink now and rinsed them with hot water.

He is droopy eyed (a bit) and is grey and I think a bath will help as he has some skin by his claws on his toes that did not come off
and will ask for another toothbrush. My parents may make me wait till Sat or Sun for the toothbrush anything I can use till then? I can't scrub him myself. Maybe with an old washed cloth. Will that work?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'd be cautious about the amount of chemicals you use. It's a fine line between killing off germs and leaving too much residue. Just be sure to rinse and scrub thoroughly =). I would just provide regular soaks for the stuck skin. You could try gently using a qtip too.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Maybe dishsoap and hot water. I want to be cautious
he won't catch anything.

Is dishsoap ok to wash with?

I have a canker sore by my tooth and hurts like hell.
So eating and drinking is near impossible. So making an appointment with a dentist or someone. It's also swollen so
yeah I wanna see the doctor. Never had a canker sore by my tooth on the gumline where it meets the tooth.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Dish soap is good at de-greasing but may not be the best antibacterial agent. Try just boiling some water and load it in.

For mouth sores I've had luck putting a bit of white vinegar in my mouth for 30 seconds or so (then spit it out and rinse with water) a few times a day. Gets rid of it pretty quickly but stings a bit.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I suppose I can bleach the sink..the walls at least instead of just the bottom. Which is all I did. I may bleach tonight and also put in fabric I have on me and put it in the tank. Tomorrow a bath.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Just boiling water would work fine in the sink. It doesn't hold onto anything. Whatever Alucard had is long gone, Kami. You can stop cleaning everything up now. Honest. I never bleached my sink after Titan died, it wasn't necessary. I did his laundry with Clorox disinfectant bleach & the rest of my crews laundry, too, wiped down the kitchen with Lysol wipes and that was all I had to do. Besides cleaning out his tank. The fungus doesn't live on anything for more than 24-48 hours, then it's long gone.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Are you serious?! Omg I've been cleaning like nuts!

Well thank you now I can not be so cautious letting him on the floor or bed!

I was keeping him away just in case it came off the cat's paws from the floor where my clothes lied when they were infected. She loves my bed.

Ok now I can stop.

Also he yawned and threw his head back, I shrugged it off like he sucked in too much air. He bearded cream colored.
He showed me his beard after his yawn. It was not black.

Then the towel is definitely safe too. I needed that.
To know it was gone.

Alucard had black fungus by the way and stomach cancer.

I'm really sorry about being crazy over the fungi I just wanted to be safe.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You're safe, and I'm sorry he was so sick, there was really nothing you could have done.

Broly will be fine, he's a healthy 4 month old. You'll get used to each other soon enough!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Tomorrow he'll get a bath in a glass bowl in the sink mom will let me use since the other tub I used for both past beardies is in the garbage. I'm going to put my shirt in the tank it will need to be washed after tonight anyway but it has my smell on it. Will it catch fire under the CHE? He sleeps under it.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Should be fine. Cotton won't catch fire until up around 400f or so. The CHE shouldn't get anywhere near that, especially at a distance.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Oh I will!

He black beards the phone! After I take it away his beard lightens up. I put him on my shirt in the tank hopefully it will keep him interested in my smell to know me. I heard this is the most effective way to get them to know your scent. I will still not pick him up just letting him know my smell. I just need him to relax around the phone. He won't though...

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Yes, he does.

He won't relax within 3 miles of it
if he had to. It's my only camera though.
I got lucky on the 7th as he did not care
at first. Now he hates to see it. Either black
beard or head bob.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom