Broly the new super saiyan beardie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I think thats about right, but in case I am wrong I may stick with babies a bit longer. I know large are waaaay too big I think they may be half the size of the adults. Petco in Roseburg gave us babies and mediums together and they're as big as their mediums. Babies are small as heck.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Finish up what you have, mediums are fine for him, he's big enough. No problem with impaction, this would explain why he's eating so many, the smalls are too small for him.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
He's like starving with just the babies. I will tell mom he's too big for babies. So I gave him a few dragon bites and salad of butternut, escarole and mustards and he ate the whole bowl. So yeah needs bigger ones.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
For sure plus you can give him a few salads a day, too. Wow, I'm envious that he's eating so much! That's such great news. Now it's time to handle him. It sounds like he's gotten used to his new home.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Power went out twice I hate wind!!!!

Gonna have to find my handwarmers in the dark.
Lol. Also power goes put my reptisun is a pain in the butt
I have to fiddle with it to get it on. Idk why like it unlocks itself overnight. Ugh! Every day I'll be fiddling with it.

Gotta go fix my filter!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Ok filter and uvb fixed for now.

Grrr this storm pisses me off!

He pooped and it was still dark brown with slight pink urate..might of did a second spray of calcium on accident thinking I didn't get all the food yesterday. I'll be careful today. Still a normal smell. Gonna get him into the vet next month. Wellness check up. It was white yesterday. So he's fine. I will spray once!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Just make sure he has a meal dusted with calcium or some in his salad, but not both, 5x a week and vit/min twice a week. That will be suff, don't want to over calcium him. If he's eating tons, just dust say 50 crickets, the rest can be without the calcium.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
It's liquid as I hear they absorb it better.

So still 5x calcium one meal a day and 2x vitamin one meal a day. Ok, I understand still the baby supplement schedule.
Thanks for the hint. So we still got an outage going lasted 20 minutes this third time. =( filter and reptisun are still a pain to deal with but whatever. He basks under the reptisun and basking light. Humidity is fine today maybe cause of rain. It's 37-40%. I gotta feed him. And feed the crix too. Then finish them off and buy medium crix. He could the 12 I got left he had 18 to start. I had a few crickets in my breeder tanks. They're breeding, so I am expecting eggs. Same with roaches they're all starting.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
I was glad when I got Repashy Calcium plus and I just dust every feeder.... I was never good at keeping the Calcium/ VitD regimen... I normally don't dust the salad.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
It's not bad stuff..I just accidentally sprayed twice.
The dust I hear isn't that great at being absorbed. So I got the liquid spray.

He's still pretty skittish...he's just not into being held by me. If he's tired or cold then yes, warm amd active then no.
So what the hell? If he's had people interaction then why won't give me a shot? I don't wanna go in and grab like I done with Vash (I know stupid). Any ideas? Besides the shirt thing, he'll poop on it....I can't even give him a bath I can't carry him out and too big for a small container.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I guess just give him time. One thing you can do is hold a small piece of fabric, to get your scent and put that in his tank, he'll take in your scent and that might help. He might even sleep on it. I always help my babies in the evening, just when they were settling down to sleep. I covered them with a blanket and held them on my chest where I'm warmer. That helped. Mine wouldn't let me hold them much when they were active either, so don't take that to heart.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Ok I'll give that a shot.

He's resting now with his eyes closed... Head was down so I go over and he picks his head up and opens his eyes. Is he bored or something? I had Alucard do that till he got sick, but turns out Alucard was sick. So I'm paranoid. Temps and humidity fine. No burned or crusty looking eyes. Could he be tired from all the running around he does?

Temps: 105
Humidity: 37%

Am I doing something wrong? I hope not ill I don't think I can handle it again.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Nope, you're doing everything fine, he's just tired from a long day, no worries there. You might want to snuggle him if he's getting droopy & he really needs baths daily, that also might be why he's drooping. Do you have a rubbermaid container you can put in the tub and fill that with warm water for him? I use the kitchen sink, Gina uses the bathroom sink, but you said that's not fair to the rest of your family. So try that. Any type of container will do, he doesn't need to swim, he just needs to soak.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Question about that, I bleached my sink an hour ago..Alucard used it once and I rinsed it just the bottom was bleached not the walls.

So is it safe to put him in there? And can I use the sink till the day he dies?

I had to throw out my plastic bin I used for Vash and Alucard. I know stop fretting.. Just wanna be safe.

Tonight I may try like say 7 or 8pm.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom