beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
I just checked on the error logs... it looks like the process is running out of memory when trying to convert the image. This is strange, since I thought I limited the upload size to 8 MB, which should stay clear of triggering any process memory limits. Normally, I should technically be able to handle 12-16 MB uploads, so this is surprising to me. I doubt your file is larger, since the JavaScript in the upload form double checks the upload size before sending it to the server (gives a warning to you if too big). It's possible that due to the "complexity" of the image (colors, contrast, etc.), the image processing software ends up using more memory. Anyway... I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Would it be possible for you to ZIP and email me one of the image files causing the issue, to [email protected] ? Then I could test with the failing image and try to debug the problem better. Please be sure to ZIP (Compress) the file so that the email program/service doesn't go an "resize for email".

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Sorry I have no clue how to zip. I am not very good with technology. I do know the file is only 5.5mb. Could I email it as that size, or should I find someone to help me with the zip?

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
No worries.

Here's a Microsoft guide on how to compress a file. Looks like it has a simple video to show how to do it. It's pretty simple. Just right click on the file, go to the "Send To" sub-menu, and select "Compressed Folder". That should result in a "Folder" (really a ZIP file), that you should be able to send in the email.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compress-uncompress-files-zip-files#1TC=windows-7

If you have trouble with that, then definitely try sending the image directly. When emailing, double check for any options about "resizing" the image or "send original", just to make sure there's nothing obviously going to resize it. When I receive it, hopefully it will work to reproduce the issue.

Smilobar

I'm new to posting to this site and I've tried doing the XIMG thing but it only just shows text:

3125-1751704077.jpg

I've also tried posting from photobucket, but the code is still visible and won't show any pictures :( I'm using Google Chrome.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I tried to upload an image via IE this morning, and it didn't do anything, no matter how many times I refreshed and started over.

I also wasn't able to see all of the buttons (List Images, New Upload, Manage Image) to the left, but if I hovered over the area, the links were there. But wait, there's more! The images that I had previously uploaded were displayed as a very thin line, no matter what percentage I had the zoom set to (from 75 to 150%).

8482-6087864051.jpg

Lastly, I kept getting the "Error on page" on the bottom status bar. Oh, and it kept changing to compatibility view.

Have you received any other complaints with the upload feature via IE yet? (by the way, I only did this as a test to see if Sandy's issues were exclusively to her)

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Goonie":1kh22517 said:
I tried to upload an image via IE this morning, and it didn't do anything, no matter how many times I refreshed and started over.

I also wasn't able to see all of the buttons (List Images, New Upload, Manage Image) to the left, but if I hovered over the area, the links were there. But wait, there's more! The images that I had previously uploaded were displayed as a very thin line, no matter what percentage I had the zoom set to (from 75 to 150%).

8482-6087864051.jpg

Lastly, I kept getting the "Error on page" on the bottom status bar. Oh, and it kept changing to compatibility view.

Have you received any other complaints with the upload feature via IE yet? (by the way, I only did this as a test to see if Sandy's issues were exclusively to her)
Whoa! Internet Explorer has some serious issues with this. I should probably put up a note on the manager about it until I'm able to resolve the problems. What version of IE are you using?

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
protiemama":pw5og9kb said:
Thanks. Still having issues here too. :?
Were you able to email the picture to me? I hadn't received it, if you did.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Will send in the morning. I have been listening to my mom ramble on the phone for an hour now.
My brain is going numb. Help, rescue me, someone.... aaaaahhh.... :mrgreen:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
beardie":2sa4s6le said:
Whoa! Internet Explorer has some serious issues with this. I should probably put up a note on the manager about it until I'm able to resolve the problems. What version of IE are you using?
Yup, it was wacky alright.
I was using IE8.

BrendaKay

Juvie Member
Is there an easy way to get to the link on the first page to upload Images? I keep forgetting how to do it, and automatically hit the 'XIMG' button above and get frustrated because I just never remember that that is not the first step. Haha.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
On computers, there's a link to it on the right side bar (near bottom) marked as "new". On mobile devices, it may be under the navigation drop down (upper left green icon). Same navigation menu as full computer browsers, but collapsed to make room on mobile devices.

But in the end, if those aren't working for you, it's https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/

Cheers,
Alex

BrendaKay

Juvie Member
OMG. I never, never, noticed that green drop down bar! Lol. How long had it been there? Geez. Thank you! I primarily use an iPad when I'm on this site, but sometimes I use a PC at work. Shh don't tell the boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom