New User Image Upload Feature!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I used the upload feature from my phone and it worked pretty well. Quite a time saver! I'm finding that I want to upload and post a photo while I'm in a thread. Is there an easy way to put a pop-up shortcut to the user upload page so I can get to it quickly while I'm posting on a thread?

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
I do plan to make it so the upload form is also available in that pop-up. For now, what I've used is the link in the navigation menu. For full browser's that's usually on the right. For mobile phones, the navigation menu is the icon on the upper left. You'd probably want to be sure to open in a new tab, though, so it doesn't lose whatever you may have typed so far. I should be able to setup a button to open it in a new tab as well, though. I'll have to look into it.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Btw, one thing I lagged on was to make the upload manager mobile friendly. It's still on my list, but really isn't laid out well for a mobile user. Also still to be done.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ah found it. Right on the side there, my mistake. The mobile version wasn't scaling the photos but it didn't seem to affect functionality. The upload went through without an issue and I was able to get to it when I loaded the site on my main laptop browser.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Love this Image Upload feature. So easy, thanks Alex.

full

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
diamc":3hmwg29h said:
Love this Image Upload feature. So easy, thanks Alex.
4097-1773745860.jpg
Better with the XIMG tags than the regular IMG tags. :) You don't put a URL in between, but you can also copy and paste the XIMG code as easy as the other. The reason I say its better with XIMG, is that the displayed image is the same (small, perfect for embedding into the post), but users have the ability to click to view it at a larger resolution.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I just used it and it worked really well:
11887-1801448707.jpg

This is Didi, he passed away today, so to get his pics fast was really great. You are a wonderful man to do this for us all! So much work and I'm very glad I belong to this site!
Deb

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Yeah. In the little bit that I've used it myself, I've realized that it's so much easier than even my own methods before, with nicer results.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Now that I've figured out how to load the pics correctly on the Image Upload, it's so easy to post to my thread. Thanks so much Alex, it's a great improvement!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I agree. It's a whole lot easier than Photobucket was, especially after they "upgraded" I couldn't seem to figure out how to use it after their 'improvement'. Thanks, Alex.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Is there a limit as to how many photos we can upload with the new tool? What I mean is, would it eventually tell us that we can't upload new photos unless we delete some? Or would the system auto-delete old ones for us?

krjake

The images I upload are right side up in my computer when I preview them before uploading, and then upside down when uploaded. I don't see a way to rotate them. I made a copy on my computer and rotated the image upside down, but it stayed upside down when uploaded. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom