Maesie: Growing up =)

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

Maesie: Growing up =)

Postby fluffpuffgerbil » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:44 pm

[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

Hello everyone! I figured while I did introduce Maesie over in the intro forums, here would be a good place to post about her and her milestones and growing up.
I bought Maesie at a mall petstore on December 20th(Winter Solstice Eve!), and couldn't be happier with her!

Basically I'll post a bunch of pictures of her and track her growth and all that fun stuff. Right now she is 15.5 grams and she is 7 and a half inches long. I'm looking forward to seeing if she'll grow as fast as Scout did, who grew half an inch a week when he was her age! (I'm guessing she's about 2 months old.)

Right now she's waiting for me to take her out so I can feed her roachies, but this is how I find her sitting currently

If she leans back any further, she might fall!

Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to experiencing all the fun of a growing beardie again. =) I last had a beardie this small when I was 13, when I had gotten Scout. (I'm almost 18 now) When we got Riza, she was already an adult, so this should be a lot of fun!
Slave to Scout, Riza, and Maesie. (And a plethora of other reptiles and mammals, including a hoarde of Crested Geckos)
Scout and Maesie's thread! viewtopic.php?f=49&t=213229&p=1669273#p1669273
fluffpuffgerbil
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Maesie: Growing up =)

Postby Esther19 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:08 pm

What a cutie! I have a Maisy, too.
Esther19
BD.org Addict

Postby fluffpuffgerbil » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:03 pm

It's a cute name! If she actually turns out to be a male, I'm going to call her Maes Hughes after a character from one of my favourite shows. =)

I got some Christmas pics of her last night! I love taking Christmas pics of my beardies and other reptiles =)
She has such bright colours and lots of orange on her... at only 2 months old, I'm excited to see how her colours develop.
She really enjoyed the fluffy carpet while I was wrapping presents =)

And this is not of my beardies, but of one of my Crested Geckos. Her name is Beast, and this picture was taken two years ago, but it's by far my favourite christmas reptile picture =)
Slave to Scout, Riza, and Maesie. (And a plethora of other reptiles and mammals, including a hoarde of Crested Geckos)
fluffpuffgerbil
Juvie Poster

Postby fluffpuffgerbil » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:08 pm

I caught Maesie stretching and puffing out her beard yesterday haha

Check OUT those sexy legs! Also don't mind the little piece of banana on her lip... >,>

This isn't of Maesie, but my other dragon Scout.
He wasn't very happy the other day. I think he's envious of the little dragon taking his territory. AKA me.
And he got himself injured today. (Broken toe by the feeling of it. I immobilised it. The vet wrap is not tighter than it needs to be and the pink duct tape strips are to insure it doesn't come apart.) My sister and I were joking about how Scout probably hurt himself purposely so I would dote over him. IT worked!
Doesn't he look miserable?
''Bad slave. Why you get new baby? I'm best baby.''
He enjoys his Christmas present as well, which is that puppy pillow pet =) It's soft and fluffy. Riza(our adult female dragon) has a mini cow pillow pet, and Scout has a puppy, now Maesie needs one. A ladybug would be cute! Right now she has a fuzzy red sock.
She'll outgrow it shortly, I'm sure.
fluffpuffgerbil
Juvie Poster

Postby fluffpuffgerbil » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:39 pm

While I'm excited to see her grow up, I love the fact that Maesie is tiny enough for this:
fluffpuffgerbil
Juvie Poster

Postby reptilemaster » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:55 pm

^^^^^^
That is really cute :lol:
Mine did that when he was small :)
Take a look at
My Beautiful Blaze
Comments are welcome :)
reptilemaster
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby fluffpuffgerbil » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:12 pm

It really is so cute! =)

In today's news, Maesie didn't go potty yesterday and was looking a little bloated today so I gave her a long warm bath, a tummy massage, and no poo, so I gave her some pumpkin mixed with olive oil. Hopefully she'll go potty!

It's been a week since I got her and she already looks bigger than she did the first day, but I haven't measured her again.
fluffpuffgerbil
Juvie Poster

Postby fluffpuffgerbil » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:53 am

:blob5: :blob8: Happy new years! :blob8: :blob5:

Here are some new pictures of Maesie (and me, and Scout haha)
I wanted their size difference in pictures.

They were both sleepy so they weren't bugged by one another. Usually Scout tries to bob his head if he sees her from his cage and she runs away from the big ones if she sees them (This is the first time she's had physical contact with the bigger dragons. I'd only do so when they are all groggy and whatnot. I don't trust the big ones around the small ones!)

She also is quite orange compared to him, isn't she?(Or he. I still don't know Maesie's sex)
fluffpuffgerbil
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby reptilemaster » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:39 am

Very cute photos :D :D :D
Take a look at
My Beautiful Blaze
reptilemaster
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby fluffpuffgerbil » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:30 pm

Today I found an 'as is' on sale mini pillow pet, so I bought it for Maesie since Scout and Riza each have one =) Riza has a mini cow pillow pet, Scout has a puppy, and Maeise has a purple bug! Very cute and soft for them all! I also bought Scout a soft ferret hammock because why not? I don't know if he likes it or not though

Anyway, I also am teaching myself to crochet and did this for Maes

fluffpuffgerbil
Juvie Poster

Postby reptilemaster » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:27 pm

Cute, but mine would hate that!
Take a look at
My Beautiful Blaze
reptilemaster
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby fluffpuffgerbil » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:46 pm

She actually didn't mind it for too long haha She ran around and it was still on her probably due to it sticking easily on her scales.
fluffpuffgerbil
Juvie Poster

Postby fluffpuffgerbil » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:55 pm

A couple bits of good news!!

I bought some Calciworms from Petco to give Maesie something else to eat and she likes them a lot! Still hasn't gotten that super ravenous baby appetite yet, but she might still get it later and I'll be ready with my roaches! Though I might have to buy a large container of reptiworms later since she seems to like them a lot =) Petco only came with 25.

The other good news is that I'm seeing discolouration on her nose tip and lips, which means SHEDDING! It'll be my first time seeing her shed. And shedding means growing. And growing means I can figure out what sex she is haha.

I do love the fact she's pretty calm and hasn't run away from my hands when I go to pick her up unless I'm too fast. =) Anyway, that's just a little update.
fluffpuffgerbil
Juvie Poster

Postby fluffpuffgerbil » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:47 pm

I've moved up from making hats and scarves for dragons and have crocheted Maesie a rug!
(Sorry for the messy desk, in the process of cleaning up, and she's right on my art desk, so it's always a bit cluttered... just moreso at the moment haha)
fluffpuffgerbil
Juvie Poster

Postby reptilemaster » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:28 am

She looks so small in that big tank :shock:
Take a look at
My Beautiful Blaze
reptilemaster
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -