A call to members for ideas and feedback!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The bookmarks seems to do the trick. I wonder if it can be modified though so it isn't just a list in the control panel. Perhaps a marker like the circles that are next to each post that says if there are unread messages etc. A different color marker means the thread is bookmarked so it's easy to identify in a huge list of new threads/posts.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
I don't think it will be as easy to modify the icons next to topics. But I might be able to see if a Topic Listing similar to the one in the UCP can be put together... more like the "View your posts" search.

gamester666

i like the site im very new to this site like the set up and infoplease find some info on breeding cricket and ther habitat would be cool im navagating through the site daily seeking anwser and new info would be nice some post are months old thank you for all your time :D :) :p

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
I am hoping to find the time to work on more regular short articles on topics (more like blog entries) that can cover simple topics like Breeding feeders. I don't have answers about crickets myself (I bred roaches instead; smelled less and less noisy), but maybe the Blog can evolve to have content from the community (filtered through me to maintain quality/consistency of content, of course).

I really do want to see more regular streams of official content on the site, and not just the content that can become buried in the forums. Heck, some of the blog entries could even be generated using good content from the forums, but put together in a useful way, and then link/reference discussion topics where more good info may be. :)

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
beardie":1mjbqmx2 said:
I am hoping to find the time to work on more regular short articles on topics (more like blog entries) that can cover simple topics like Breeding feeders. I don't have answers about crickets myself (I bred roaches instead; smelled less and less noisy), but maybe the Blog can evolve to have content from the community (filtered through me to maintain quality/consistency of content, of course).

I really do want to see more regular streams of official content on the site, and not just the content that can become buried in the forums. Heck, some of the blog entries could even be generated using good content from the forums, but put together in a useful way, and then link/reference discussion topics where more good info may be. :)

Where is that like button ;)

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
DarkwingDork":uhs8wvxa said:
I do all my forum reading on my phone in my spare time and I love this site enough to suffer through doing it on a mobile browser. I would love you forever and always if you added Tapatalk support. Pretty please? I'd even be willing to help (if you let me...which I seriously doubt you would).

Here's the setup info for phpBB: https://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=phpbb *sad puppy dog face*

Thanks,
Jon

Improving mobile access is something I'm looking at. The next version of phpBB (just released, ironically after I updated to the prior update) makes MAJOR changes, and is supposed to improve mobile as well. I will be looking at that version in the coming months to see what it can offer us. Also, they've redesigned how plugins work to be how I've been saying they should be for YEARS. This means that plugins should not affect my ability to keep phpBB up-to-date, so I will be more open to some of the plugins they have to offer as developers support the new architecture.

So... I'm working on it. :)

Tonja

BD.org Addict
If I am not mistaken I did an article on breeding crickets, or told someone how to go about it. If you want I will write one up and put it in feeder section.

Improving mobile access is something I'm looking at. The next version of phpBB (just released, ironically after I updated to the prior update) makes MAJOR changes, and is supposed to improve mobile as well. I will be looking at that version in the coming months to see what it can offer us. Also, they've redesigned how plugins work to be how I've been saying they should be for YEARS. This means that plugins should not affect my ability to keep phpBB up-to-date, so I will be more open to some of the plugins they have to offer as developers support the new architecture.

So... I'm working on it. :)

YAY! (To both the mobile support and the plugin API...it's about time they fixed that mess). Thanks again! :mrgreen:

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Tonja":15cfoxjv said:
If I am not mistaken I did an article on breeding crickets, or told someone how to go about it. If you want I will write one up and put it in feeder section.
That would be great. I am often on the lookout for posts that are almost like an article, and check with the poster to see if they mind it being turned into an article. I have a couple in my queue for when I get time (upgrades of forums was first on my queue, which is now done).

Send me the link when you post it... I'm sure more than one person would like to know the info. I can sticky it for now, and then save the link to turn into an article later. :)

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Tonja":1fgucxht said:
Here is the guide to breeding crickets I promised you. I sure hope this is easy to understand and helps. Its exactly how I breed mine!
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=211453
Awesome! I'll sticky it for now. It looks like it is written in a way that would convert very nicely into a great article too! Thanks! I'm sure many will appreciate your info.

suikajusu

Hatchling Member
could we possibly add some more to the list that comes up under the discussion forums tab when you scroll over it? if that makes any sense. like where it says popular forums, maybe add beardie tales to it?

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
suikajusu":3o7za41u said:
could we possibly add some more to the list that comes up under the discussion forums tab when you scroll over it? if that makes any sense. like where it says popular forums, maybe add beardie tales to it?
What would you suggest? I just picked a few of the main ones (or ones to encourage), but am open to suggestions for what would be the "top forums". I am happy to see that the new (one of the more recent changes I'd made) navigation menus are useful and helpful. :) I wasn't sure people even used them. hehe.

I could also run a query to actually measure which forums got the most posts/topics. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom