I messed up with Mohinder's medicine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirandor

Ugh. I just realized that I messed up today with Mohinder's medicine. I had it in my head that he gets it every Thursday because he was on two medications, one that was once every seven days, one that was once every 14. So I finished the once every seven last Thursday and gave him the once every 14 because it had been two weeks. Today, I gave him the once every 14 again because I wasn't thinking and noticed it was Thursday late in the day and gave it to him, not remembering that I had just given him that one last Thursday and it's once every 14 days and not once every seven. I'm kinda freaking out, is there any way that could have humongous side effects? I'm worried I might've freaked out his liver or something and he'll die, but I'm probably just over reacting. I just don't know. The every 14 day medicine is flagyl, while the every seven day was exotic panacur. I'm going to call the vet tomorrow and just tell her what happened, but I thought I'd get some opinions from everyone here.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Which medication did you give too frequently, the Flagyl? How much did you give him, in mls or what is his dose?
It should not have any negative side effects. Just be sure to make sure he gets extra oral hydration to keep him hydrated. Have you been given any probiotics also while he has been on the meds?
Is he acting alright since you gave him the meds?

Tracie

Mirandor

Original Poster
He was prescribed .27 ml of the flagyl every 14 days, and yes, that's the medication I gave too soon. I've been keeping water on his salads so he gets hydration from there, but when I give him baths he doesn't dig drinking the water. The vet didn't give me any probiotics to give him, and he's been acting normal, he's been basking since because I gave it to him with his food today, but nothing out of the ordinary

**edited because I misread a question

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry I missed your response!
How is he doing now?
That is good news he is eating normally then. When is his next dose of it?
Have you tried giving oral fluids from a plastic dropper or syringe by dripping it onto his nose to see if he will drink that way?

Tracie

Mirandor

Original Poster
He's been acting just fine! I called his vet and she said that there was nothing to worry about! And that was his last dose that he needed, so he's done with his medication and has a fine appetite and his stool seems a lot more regular than before. I haven't tried with a syringe, whenever I'm soaking him in the bathtub I get some dripping off of my finger and put it on his nose and he'll maybe drink it once, but I can never get him to do it more than once per bath.

When I first got him, he would drink off of his nose a lot and then he'd dip his head into the water and take a few gulps, but he hasn't been doing that anymore for awhile

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is wonderful he is now finished with his meds & that he is going great.
Is he eating normally too?
If he wont drink much in his bath, you can try using a plastic dropper or syringe to get some more oral fluids into him to be sure he is hydrated well enough.

I am happy to hear he is doing better now! :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom