Roundworms, Coccidia Questions & Cleanlieness.Our first time

Status
Not open for further replies.
My poor baby was diagnosed with both and hes on Panacur(0.1ml/daily for 3 days and Pyrantel Pamoate. 0.1 ml/weekly 4 weeks. This will be our first time dealing with such a health issue out of the pet. Forgive me if I sound like a dunce with my questions.

My questions are: Is there anything sold over the counter and not too expensive to comfort his tummy and help regain weight as well as appetite? Also, is there a risk of Yellow Fungus with these meds or with a weakened immune system? I give him his meds with food to help get it down the hatch easier and so it wont hurt his tummy too much.

As for cleanlieness: Will rubbing alcohol kill parasites that could possibly get on the hands and what kind of cleaning/sterilization routine should we begin to make sure he gets well from this.

Thank you for your time and help in advance. I dont know where I would be without this wonderful forum and site <3

Edit: The post title originally said pin worms. Either I misheard the vet tech or she got mixed up because I just read the packet and it said round worms. I apologize. :oops:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Panacur normally doesn't have any or rarely any negative side effects or cause yellow fungus issues that we know of.
The Panacur is good for pinworms & tapeworms, etc. While the Pyrantel pamoate is helpful for roundworms & hookworms.

What is being given for the coccidia?
To help out his tummy while he is on meds, you can look for non dairy soy yogurt plain or flavored to give to him daily as a probiotic.
Are you using paper towels for substrate or tiles? Rubbing alcohol is pretty strong but you can dilute it. A very diluted bleach solution is also fine or a steamer to kill worms/parasites is highly effective, too.
Rubbing alcohol to clean the hands is fine, it should kill anything you get on them.

Be sure to not keep any water dish/bowl in the tank so that he can't cross contaminate very easily, either. You can also take out a lot of his basking decor to soak/clean as well & replace it with cardboard until his stools are clear. Then you can put the basking logs, etc back in.
Keep his tank around 80 overnight to help his immune system out also.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

KadajsMommynDaddy

Original Poster
Kadaj is no longer with us....

He passed away I am estimating between 9:30 and 9:45 tonight :cry:
I don't know what could have caused this. He was getting the best care we could give him. Justin and I thank all the kind hearted people who helped us and were rooting for Kadaj

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Oh no! :cry: I am so very sorry! You did everything possible for Kadaj! I did not realize he was that sick. Kadaj knew you and Justin loved him so very much!

-Sabrina

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, I am so sorry you lost little Kadaj. :cry: How terrible for you. If you need anything, just let us know.

Tracie

Jacqqui

I am sorry for your loss. You loved him so much and I'm sure he knew that. It must be frustrating not knowing why he passed but I'm glad you knew you were giving him the best care you could.

Prayers to you

Jacqui

diam0ndeyez

I'm so sorry for your loss. :( For future reference ammonia is the only thing that kill coccidia. I have used zoomed through pinworms and within a couple weeks mine was back to good health. Now she has coccidian and I'm doing the same thing. Cleaning every day and using Zoomed Wipeout. You can get it at PetSmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom