Crickets or Locusts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReptile838

Hatchling Member
Hi,
I'm getting a Beardie soon and I just wanted to find out what you think is better to feed, crickets or locusts? I know that dubia roaches are good too but they are quite hard to get around here, but pet supply store which is like 5 minutes walk from my house and I know that they sell crickets and locusts.
So yeah, which one do you think is best?

-Abi

Brooke74

Hatchling Member
I haven't really heard of many people feeding locusts as a staple to bearded dragons- I'm guessing there is a reason for that as well. I'd stick to the crickets, dubias are also good if you can get your hands on some! :D

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Locusts are a UK thing as far as I know. We don't have them here in the us so I've never looked into the nutrition of them. I expect they would be similar to crickets, nutrition wise. their colors and behavior habits are different and may influence how well they are taken. Is mix it up if I had the chance, I think locusts cost more.
Takin good care of your feeders can go a long way to making them a better food. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom