Crickets or Locusts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReptile838

Hatchling Member
Hi,
I'm getting a Beardie soon and I just wanted to find out what you think is better to feed, crickets or locusts? I know that dubia roaches are good too but they are quite hard to get around here, but pet supply store which is like 5 minutes walk from my house and I know that they sell crickets and locusts.
So yeah, which one do you think is best?

-Abi

Brooke74

Hatchling Member
I haven't really heard of many people feeding locusts as a staple to bearded dragons- I'm guessing there is a reason for that as well. I'd stick to the crickets, dubias are also good if you can get your hands on some! :D

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Locusts are a UK thing as far as I know. We don't have them here in the us so I've never looked into the nutrition of them. I expect they would be similar to crickets, nutrition wise. their colors and behavior habits are different and may influence how well they are taken. Is mix it up if I had the chance, I think locusts cost more.
Takin good care of your feeders can go a long way to making them a better food. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom