Climbing bracnhes

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just bought a bearded dragon for my little girl and she wants to put branches in the cage that she found outside. Do I need to do something to them first besides washing them? I would love for little Daisy to have some more things to climb on but I am cautious about using anything my daughter finds outside.

F2M2

I am new to this, but the book I have, and info I found on this site suggest that for outside branches:

1. Wash with a bleach solution by either immersing the branch in the water or spraying it down, then rinse until no bleach smell (10% bleach solution) and let it dry.

2. After bleaching bake in the oven at 250 degrees Farenheit for 60 minutes

getgab92

Juvie Member
Sorry to steal off this thread but I have a branch that I really really like that I got from outside but it doesn't fit in my oven. So how should I do that then?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
My branches were too big as well. I filled up the bath tub with hot water and diluted bleach, scrubbed them to get the bugs/crud/loose bits off and then let them soak. After that I rinsed them off outside with the hose really really well, and left them to dry in the sun for a couple days.

Its best not to use punky wood, or anything obviously infested with bugs.

Do not use pine or cedar cedar as the sap/resin/oil is unhealthy for reptiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom