Growth Rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rattazzios

Hatchling Member
So I got Boise, my female bearded dragon for Christmas last year at petsmart. I know thats not the greatest place to go, but its worked out :D The only thing that has been troubling me is that Boise is nearing a year old but is only about 14-15 inches. She eats like crazy though; 50-75 phoenix worms, dandelion leaves, mustard greens, bearded dragon mix, crickets, and on rare occasions fruits. She is pooping solidly and normally. I'm just concerned that she is very small. It is not her lighting, I have the reptisun 10.0 tube bulb, a 100Watt heat lamp. and if it gets cold a ceramic heat emitter so it isnt the lighting. Any ideas??????????

rattazzios

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
anyone have any ideas? this is a picture i took of her yesterday
photo3_zps867cbc60.jpg

She seems so small!? ANY IDEAS!?!?!?!?! :?

chastityx

Sub-Adult Member
i have two beardies that have grown at completely different rates. my little boy had a bad start to life and was seriously about 6" for about 4 months. he's now over a year old and about 18" while my 520 gram female is still at about 14-15". i really think it just depends on the beardie. your girl doesn't look unhealthy, so maybe she's just a slow grower. or she could just be as long as she's going to get and will start filling out eventually. either way, as long as she is eating and getting the proper care i wouldn't worry too much about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom