My Adventure with Riley, Phantom and Quill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I am starting a new thread to put all of my soon to come memories with me new little beardie!! I am also creating a blog if anyone is interested (I have never blogged before so we will see how it turns out :mrgreen: ) I know I have a few people who wanted me to start a new thread for this so here it is!!

I will start out by sharing Parker's old tank that is cleaned and ready for its new friend!

Here also is a link to my new friend that should be arriving in the next few days!
http://beardeddragons.co/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=205

Anyone have any name suggestions?? I was thinking about the name Riley but I will have to see if the personality fits lol.

getgab92

Juvie Member
Original Poster
OKAY!!!!!!! So I got my beardie yesterday morning. Of course, he came with a hatch "certificate" and it turns out he is actually 5 months old! How lucky for me!!! Well I went a little picture crazy lol :) The site was down last night so I could't post them.

So glad its back up so I can share these amazing pics with you!

Here also is a list of the names that I have narrowed it down to:
Riley, Gunner, Phoenix, Domino.

The other ones were:
Chester, Gizmo, Jelly Bean, Kane, Kirby, Sampson, Sebastian, and Sprite.

Me and Deb like Riley :) It's the first name that popped in my head when I was thinking about getting another dragon. What do you guys think?

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
I like Riley as well :) He's absolutely stunning! What a beautiful (handsome) ;) boy!!!!! Congratulations! Can't wait to watch him grow!

getgab92

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I think I will probably end up going with Riley. I'm going to give it another day or so though just to be sure! lol Anyway I have some more pictures to share with you guys. He is quite the character.

He was pretty upset tonight when I came home from work and turned the light on and woke him up he looked at me like "what the heck are you doing with that light on???" and he crawled behind his hide-y rock and went back to sleep lol.

He wanted to read the forums with me lol

I also got my first "sexy leg" yesterday!!

He was eating out of his bowl *I had to put him in front of it first lol)

I love him so much :love10: even though I haven't had him that long. It's so nice to have an active and healthy beardie and I can finally experience the things that you guys talk about with your dragons all the time :blob8: . I can finally relate to those things! It's just an awesome feeling. :love5:

getgab92

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Just thought I'd give a little update as Riley is sitting on my arm lol. He is doing just fantastic. He is eating everything lol. I am trying to start a colony of dubia so I won't have to keep buying them. He is eating his greens on his own too, right out of his bowl. He loves his mustard greens and dandilion leaves :)

I'm trying to look around though for a better log for him. The one I have is plenty big enough but it has a lot of stress cracks in it and when he poops on it I can't just clean it off I have to like scrub it every time.

He is so active and fat and gives me the skink eye when I come home from work and wake him up lol. He's like "get that light off! I'm trying to sleep over here!!!"

getgab92

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Aw thanks Kristine! Yes he seems very healthy to me too. Growing and getting fat. Isn't that the way all beardies should live? lol :D

getgab92

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I made a new basking platform for Riley last night. The darn thing took me 3 hours! It definitely should not have taken so long lol but when I cut the pieces I couldn't get the sides straight :lol: . Anyway, he doesn't seem to know that he has to climb up the ramp to get on the top. I put him halfway up the ramp and he climbs off. But if I put him on the top he loves it and flattens out to bask. I dunno. I hope he gets the hang of it. The log that I had in there he would always poop on and it would get in the cracks. So every time I would have to take it out and clean it then wait for it to dry. Now I should just be able to wipe it off with a wet paper towel.

He has gained weight since I got him. I weighted him this morning and he was 97 grams. And I also measured him today and he was a foot long! So he grew 2 inches according to the online site when I bought him. It said he was 10 inches. :D I think he might be going through a shed too cause his colors on his back are kinda dull but his head is still bright and orange.

Here he is after I put him on the platform.

And here are his sexy legs for the day lol

This is just a picture of what his tank looks like now

getgab92

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Riley has been going this quite often in the past few days. I was wondering if anyone knew what it was. I heard of similar things happening when they are shedding cause it spreads their scales out but he is not shedding on his face. Just on his back and legs. Im confused. Can anyone help??

Just click on the picture and it will play the video. It's toward the end.

getgab92

Juvie Member
Original Poster
UPDATE: Riley started his shed today!!! Which is just in time cause I just went out and bought a whole bunch of nummies for him to eat. I got more mustard greens and dandelion leaves. Also for the first time I bought turnip greens, escarole, prickly pears and regular pears, apples and bananas. I know the pears and apples are only on occasion and the bananas are more for my dubia :D . I am so excited he is shedding finally :mrgreen: :blob5: . Now he can stop being all grumpy all the time :evil: lol and start eating again :lol: .

I ordered (off ebay) a 20 count of adult dubia. 10 female and 10 male :mrgreen: . Hopefully this will help me start my colony :) I just need to buy some of Lance's dubia chow. Probably on thursday when I get paid :)

So many exciting this happening and I'm so glad I can share them with you guys!! :blob8: :blob8:

getgab92

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So just a little update...Riley has discovered how to beard lol. He has only done it a few times. Mostly for no reason. I guess he just does it for fun and because he can. He is still shedding but hopefully that wont take too much longer. Its only his back now that needs to shed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom