My mischievous Bandit

She's the cutest little reptile I've ever seen. I never in my wildest dreams would have thought that I would own a beardie. I've always heard negative things about them. Boy, were all the things I've heard wrong... I've learned not to freak out over the small things anymore, that a reptile is a reptile and does as she pleases. I've learned how to properly care for her all because of the wonderful people on this site and I would like to thank you all for all the advice. I bought her when she was around 5 inches.. She's now over 8 :) I bought her July 24th at a Petsmart near my work.She fell off a tree when we approached the tanks and ran to the glass when I was looking at her. I would say she picked me instead of me picking her :) I did hours upon hours of research but I made my mistakes especially with those "starter kits" but now I've fixed everything and we are on our road to a healthy, long beautiful life. Without further ado, here's some pictures :)
Our first day together!
photo18-3.jpg

photo17.jpg

314004_10151955477860367_1094800957_n.jpg

photo16-3.jpg

photo15-3.jpg

photo14-4.jpg

photo13-4.jpg

photo12-5.jpg

photo11-4.jpg

418766_10151992518220367_715614676_n.jpg

423540_10152020873445367_1684641967_n.jpg

photo10-4.jpg

photo16-1.jpg

My favorite picture by far,
photo17-1.jpg

sexy leg ;)
photo15-1.jpg

photo20-1.jpg

can you find the dragon??
photo19-1.jpg

she was shedding a bandanna apparently which suits her name perfectly lol
photo18-1.jpg

photo13-1.jpg

photo12-1.jpg

Queen of the castle,
photo11-1.jpg

nom nom, crazy face,
photo10-1.jpg

photo9-2.jpg

look at those little spikes... AAAH so cute...
photo8-2.jpg

I have no idea how she kept herself up like that... I came home from work to find her sleeping like this...
photo6-1.jpg

I love her.
photo5-2.jpg

I feed the dragon a nice breakfast... How am I repaid? With a cranky dragon... :(
photo4-2.jpg

photo3-2.jpg

photo2-3.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm sorry, too, to hear about your geckos, but sometimes it's necessary. I hope the new owner does keep you updated about them, that will make you feel better. It's such a hard decision, though, my heart goes out to you.

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
The guy who has my geckos is taking great care of them. Harlow even fattened up from the pictures! I'm still really upset they're gone but there just aren't enough hours in a day! :( But they're in a better home.

Oh man what a couple crazy of weeks. Bandit's in weird shed where she's half peeling, half not. I broke up with bill :( Work has been a little crazy. Ellie is doing great. My dubia bin is somehow infested with like little fruit flies and it's a daily battle and I HATE bugs. Especially if they can fly. :puke: Hopefully I'll get pictures up soon. Hope everyone is doing great !

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It's always tough to rehome when you don't want to, that's for sure. And sorry about Bill. Ellie must be grown by now? It's hard to keep track. Hopefully Bandit gets rid of the whole shed soon, is she grumpy when she sheds? My crew are & some are shedding while bromating...only my boys :lol:

As for the fruit flies, if you have oranges in with your dubia, which I do, too, that's where they come from, they love sweet fruit. So as it gets colder, they die off, they don't last long anyway. I find it a real pain, but I won't stop giving my dubia fruit, they love it, go through an orange a day now, my colony is growing by leaps and bounds! Now if only I can get my beardies to eat them, but none of them are eating much of anything right now. Leo (he's the one shedding his beard) and Didi are in full brumation, Titan has no appetite, he's being treated for Yellow Fungus (yuck), only Lonzo is really eating, he did eat 2 dubia yesterday, so I'm hoping he'll eat more. Rubio ate some yesterday, too, but refused today & went to bed at 2p! And Gabriel is up all day but not interested in eating, maybe I can feed him some dubia tomorrow, will give it a try.

Any way didn't mean to go on, but I may have to get rid of some of mine in the coming month if they don't get eaten soon! You sound super busy, but glad your leos are being well taken care of.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I'm glad the geckos are doing well. It's hard to let them go, I totally understand that, but it must be a relief that they are doing well.

Sheds are the worst for beardies. In that aspect I like leos better.

I'm sorry to hear about you and Bill. Lots of love your way from New England.

Bugs are so gross. Dubia are the worst.

Can't wait for the pictures!

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I keep going m.i.a :( so many crazy things happening lately. It's official though, I'm a crazy cat lady lol I made Ellie an Instagram account (for those of you interested it's ellie_cat429)

I need to catch up on everyone's thread! Bandit is starting to slow down and doesn't move much but still won't say no to supers lol she is fat. And still in shed, poor girl. I know I was supposed to load her pics but I haven't gotten around to installing photobucket. She's on my Instagram - basiasztab if anyone wants to see. The flies have somewhat gone down in my Dubia bin. I got back with bill lol I may (hopefully) be getting another kitten tomorrow for my mom. Work is nuts. I miss you guys!!! I'll start somewhat catching up on everyone :) (currently at work lol)

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Eeeeek got the kitten! Ellie Hates her though :( and the little one seems to hate me haha

hopefully we get a fecal for tomorrow's vet check. Wish the lady told me sooner that this kitten was a stray :roll: today we tested for fiv and the feline leukemia (negative yay!) now to be sure she can't pass anything on to the love of my life <3

I've been thinking about making bandit some kind of mini sleeping thing for when she goes down but I can't seem to thing of anything. Ideas?!? Don't know if I wanna put a shoe box with sand or Eco earth for her

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I just let my dragons sleep where they want & cover them with fleece blankets I had made, dragon sized. They all have hides they can go into & if they do, I cover the entrance with a facecloth so they don't get light inside. They have a thick substrate of newspaper that stays warm, so that works. When they sleep, I turn off their lights as the living room stays at 73F for the geckos. So warm enough for the dragons to sleep. Right now Rubio is asleep on the bottom on his tank and Leo is in his hide.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I planned to (but haven't done yet) buy foam (like what egg crates for mattresses are made from) and to make that into a bed for them covered in fleece and give them a fleece blanket.

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ugh guys I must be a jinx to animals! Both kitties are sick but Ellie worse off :( :( the smaller one got better but luckily bandit is brumating because I don't have time for anything anymore other than working and taking care and watching the cats :(

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey deb!
My Ellie beans was gagging for over a week and no one could figure out why. She had X-rays shots and fluid therapy and I had to take her to multiple vets and it wasn't until the second vet place either loosened something or the antibiotics magically kicked in within an hour that it stopped.

I feel so bad for bandit she doesnt get the love and attention she's used to because the kittens take up so much of my time and they're jealous boogers.

I got a second job at petsmart and I'm giving people MY beardie advice and even already yelled at a manager for giving awful advice :) I also kinda sneak extra food for the display ones :) I did get to find out yesterday that the guinea pigs I played with on Wednesday have ringworms -_-

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom