Regarding Adenovirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigTime

Hey Folks,

Making the final preparations for getting a baby dragon and I believe this is the last thing I really need to study up on.

From what I've gathered, a beardie can be a carrier for adenovirus, but still live a normal and healthy life. So with that said, if my beardie is acting healthy, eating, and doesn't display any odd behavior, is it something I really need to be concerned about?

I tried looking for breeders that have negative tested colonies, but it seems they are almost non existent.

I plan on taking my beardie to the vet after he gets settled in to get a fecal sample analyzed either way, just trying to gather as much info as I can.

Thanks!

Gail

BD.org Addict
As long as its healthy and you aren't breeding, its nothing to be really concerned about. A regular vet can't test for adeno as its a specialized test. You would have to send a sample off to get analyzed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom