Update, Jesse DOES have yellow fungus, any hlep appreicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
I rescued Jesse last Oct and she has yellow color on her, and she has had a really hard time shedding since I got her. On her beard I have used Aloe Vera on it and it helped her shed part of that area. I took her to UCD in Davis, Ca last month to have it checked out and the only thing they wanted was to do every test at $800 which I refused. They did give me meds for her RI, but didn't tell me anything on if she has yellow fungus. I will be taking her to the vet that did Booger's surgery at the end of this month, but wanted opinions on if you guys think it is yellow fungus. I will have to go 2 hours one way but I trust this vet. The only reason I took her to UCD was its 10 minutes from where I live, but I will never go back there again. If the pictures look a little green its the Aloe Vera on her beard.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there...can you post a pic without the aloe vera on it ? I can see a yellowish/greenish but it would be better to see it completely dry + with nothing on it . Hopefully it's just old shed.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Here are a few more pictures. Her head changes colors, one day could be more yellow, next day more dark. She just shed some of her scales on her toe while in the bath.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi again....sorry I didn't answer sooner. I really can't tell myself if that looks like Y.F.....the shaded area on the beard looks odd, but not really like fungus. The color around the eyes is natural...the top of the head looks normal but slightly greasy ? Was there aloe up there too ? I'm not much help, but it doesn't really look like Y.F., although the toe looks suspicious if it's the only yellow one, but again it could just be an odd colored toe. Maybe Drache613 has some input. If the vet does a scraping that will give you the info you need. Hopefully he's going to be O.K.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
thanks for your input. I am hoping I have my truck running on the road this week and should be able to get her in to the vet in a couple weeks. I didn't put anything on top of her head, just a weird color to me, changes from light to dark all the time. I did get some anti fungal to put on her toe until I can get her in. Its so hard to tell with her since she has yellow color to her, but I want to be sure. Both girls need a fecal any ways with winter coming up. Will update when I get her into have it checked out.

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Hi B, Dino's mom here... just figured I'd pop on in and see what's going on with your little one. It is really hard to tell from the pics if it's fungal or not. The dark patch is kind of odd looking, but the yellow could just be the pigment of those areas. The nail looks funny, almost like it got caught on something? Can't say for sure. I have seen some people post what they thought was a fungal case, because they have started out looking yellow in color. Then the beardie goes through a shed and the yellow coloring sloughs off with it. Hard to say from pics whether it is or isn't. Fingers crossed for you that it isn't!!

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I got her into the vets for tomorrow (Thursday) , along with Booger for a check up, both for fecals, hoping to know what she has tomorrow, will update in a couple days.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It will be a few days until we know anything from the tests. The vet said it really didn't look like yellow fungus and the top of her head gets hard to the touch, she was shedding and a big piece was just hanging on her head, so he cut off a piece, of course a piece that was hanging, he didn't tear anything off her, also took a sample from her beard and toe. As I have read and what he said if she was malnourished( she was when I rescued her) it becomes hard for them to shed. He also said she was dehydrated, but I give her a bath every other day , she swims for about 5 minutes, poops, I take her out, dump the water, pour more in and she swims for about another 15-20 minutes, he is not sure why she is dehydrated. I am going to give her a bath every day for a while. RI is gone. She will not go near a syringe to give her water that way, to many meds I have given her so she runs away and I can't hold her down, she is my wild child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom