Yellow Fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

icelore

Juvie Member
I think I've read too much on this forum and now have made myself paranoid. :(

Ridley has a lot of yellowish color under his chin and around his neck. It's like a greenish-yellow color, it was faint at first, but has gotten to it's present color over the past few weeks. Could this be yellow fungus? I was under the impression that their bellies and necks should be white, and this yellow goes from his beard down to between his front legs. :/ He's also got streaks of his orange body color on these areas as well, so it's just part of his natural color, right?

DSC00009_zps9eb19f27.jpg

Taken with a flash, it seems to have washed out some of the yellow, but you can see it's mostly around his neck folds and down towards his chest.

DSC00011_zps63880a53.jpg

No flash, just natural light, you can see the color a lot better. I pulled his neck skin taught so you can see the whole area. You can see the bits of orange coloration in the area as well. This pi is closest to the true color of the area.

DSC00014_zps02a7bc8d.jpg

Washed out with flash again, but you can see how the color goes around under his chin and back to the tops of his shoulders.

DSC00019_zps129d8f27.jpg

No flash, but it looks like that same sickly yellow color runs along his sides right under his spikes - so maybe normal, yes? It's just all the other dragons' bellies I've seen have been white. :/ His legs are normally as orange as his back, they're just dull grey from pre-shed.

So what do you guys think? Any "yellow" color makes me panic after reading all the heart wrenching stories on this forum. :(

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Gail is 100% correct. I've seen lots of beardies with full, partial or speckled color on their throats, bellies + even to the underneath of the tail. Nothing to worry about at all. :)

He looks like a pretty healthy little fellow to me. :)
If you suspect he has yellow fungus again looks for scratchy raised yellow parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom