Dino's YF... Rest Easy my Lil' Friend :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you everyone... All of your kind, heartfelt words really mean so much. I still miss my little girl and it's sad to see that big ol' tank, empty and cold now. Truth is, I haven't even had the heart to go clean it yet. But, I wanted to share this with you. I got this about a week after I said goodbye, from the vet's office. It's really sweet that they offer to do this for their clients. It's a plaque, with the little beardie footprints that will be all over my heart forever... :love5:

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I don't know but seeing that wonderful plaque brought tears to my eyes. Hugs my friend and know my prayers are still with you hun.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Sue,

That is very kind of them to send that plaque, how sweet it is.
I am sorry you lost her & it will take some time before you want to clean her home. Time will gradually heal. :cry:

Tracie

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well guys, this will probably be my last post to this thread... It's been almost a month since I put Dino down. It's been a long, hard road. We almost got out of that tunnel but, it just wasn't meant to be. :( Having Dino taught me so much more about our littlest friends... They depend on us completely. They never complain. They don't know any other life but the one we give them. They do "enjoy" things: like bugs, baths, and head scratches! :love5: They are tolerant. They are tough. They show us when they don't like stuff or don't want to be bothered: they puff at us, they hide, they black-beard. On that rare occasion, they might even hiss! :evil: (Dino did that once at vet #1!) I learned from this little dragon that when something is wrong... something is wrong. And more often than not, when something is wrong, it is VERY wrong. :shock:
When I saw those big puffy breaths, I had a very bad feeling. Most of us know, from experience, when they are showing signs of illness, they've been ill for a while, without showing it. Who knows how long that fluid was building up in her chest and in her lung? But when I saw the x-ray, I just couldn't believe how bad it was. A couple times in her bath, I thought I saw a funny huff or a puff. I would watch her intensely and then I wouldn't see it again. Then I saw her filling her beard up a tiny bit in her tank as she inhaled. Once or twice, then the week of her appointment a few more times. Should I have taken her earlier? Would it have made a difference? I don't know. Dino was at the vet once a month since last July!!! How did we miss this? :shock:
Most important thing I learned from Dino is: Silent, these creatures are silent... Trust your instincts. If you think something isn't right, it probably isn't.
I want to thank you all again for being here when I needed you. I needed you guys a lot and you never let me down... you were always "here". :help: Cheering us on, encouraging me when I needed it. Keeping the faith, pushing me through those tough days. I had a lot of them. Coming here made it so much easier to keep going. I wanted to get her better. I wanted to be able to say, "We beat Yellow Fungus! It can be done!" But, that just wasn't the case here. :roll:
Of course, I want another beardie. I probably will get another one, eventually. I need to take a break from it all for a while though. When I do get one, I'll be back and I'll be looking for you guys! :mrgreen: In the mean time, I hope all of your babies continue to grow and be healthy and happy! I don't want to say "goodbye", just "so long" for now... :wave:
I wanted to share Dino's spot with you. (It's right around the corner from Spike.) It is marked by this little, resting Dragon. That's just what Dino needs... some rest. Rest easy Dino. I love you.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You did everything you could, Sue, and I think you know that. It's heartbreaking that that awful disease came back, but that's not your or Dino's fault. She also did her best to get well, so now she'll have the rest she needs.

When the time comes for a new dragon, let me know so I can keep track, k? I'm glad everyone was here for you when you needed us most.
Take care
Deb

SpitFyre

Sub-Adult Member
I'm so sorry that you had to let her go. If it makes you feel any better, you can have a badge.

WorldsBestBeardieSlave.png~original

Sue: World's Best Beardie Slave

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Sue,

We will always be here for you, anytime. You are a very special person.

Tracie

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Dearest Sue,
I know it's been a while since Dino went to sleep, I've tried to post several timnes but would cry and be unable to finish the post. I really believe beardies go to heaven. I want mine there with me! You are a wonderful beardie Mom and Dino was in excellent hands, and she knew it, too!
I'll be looking for your new thread when you find that little beardie out there somewhere just waiting for you! Rest In Peace Sweet Dino!
<3 <3 Love Amanda <3 <3

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
I am so sorry you lost your girl. I have read your story from start to end, and it rings tears to my eyes just reading it.

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks B... Dino's thread will be here for a long time. I sure hope her story can help someone who may need YF information in the future. I tried to put it all here for that very reason. We all need to learn these lessons together,and from each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom