Meal worms, wax worms, or super worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patron17

I feed my guy crickets right now, but i want to give him worms too. And my local pet store only has those three worms so, which one is the best for my 5' beardie. And i will only give them to him three times a week.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
by 5' I figure you mean 5 inches and not 5 feet right?
5' = 5 foot
5" = 5 inches.

If so, superworms are a no-go until your dragon is at least 16 inches in length.
Waxworms are the equivalent of feeding your children a hersheys bar,
And mealworms are crap to be blunt.

If you want to introduce worms and variety (which you should) you are best buying online. It's cheaper online anyways.

-Brandon

FisherAnd2Chainz

Hatchling Member
I believe that silkworms are the best worms to feed your pet. Silkworms are packed with nutrition and are great for all sized dragons! They may be a little bit expensive you when buy them live and a little more work than crickets or any other feeder, but well worth it. You can buy 250 eggs and the specific food you feed them for $20! Just have to do a little research about them first and read up on them. They grow very fast, but you can stop that and keep them at a desired size! I believe they go from egg to cocoon in 28 days. Which is 1 cm babies to up to 3 inches long in a month. Pretty incredible! Just my input :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom