HELP BEARDED DRAGON SERIOUSLY INJURED

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesk189

My baby bearded dragon that I recently bought has been bitten on the left side of his head and maybe his eye. He also has a line under his beard. My older bearded dragon had attacked him Suddenly becuase my brother has put them next to eachother. He/she is currently in a vivarium on there own with a small paper towel supporting his head because his body is slightly bent to the side. He also span around crazily for a couple of seconds. Can anyone help me. Its really urgent

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, can you post a picture ? Do you have a reptile vet in your area ? How much bigger was the other dragon, and is it actively bleeding , does it look crushed ? If it's a serious wound, a vet may help, some wounds can heal on their own. I'm sorry this happened to your baby. :(

jamesk189

Original Poster
I some how cant send a picture but he was bleeding just above his eye but it has stopped now and his head is up but slanted a bit on the side he got bit. I dont know of any nearby vets and the older beardie is 6 months old

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Instructions for posting pics are at the top of the page under website comments. Are there any small animal vets in the area at all ? If it's not bleeding badly and is not a deep cut and if you can see that his eye is O'K, he may be fine but that can't always be assessed without an expert. Small cuts usually heal well without treatment. Whatever you do, [I know you know this] keep them separate, and not even in view of each other, the injured baby will be terrified just seeing the other one even if they are separate now. Keep the baby on paper towels and be sure nothing gets stuck on the wound.

jamesk189

Original Poster
Im still not sure how to put on pictures so could i send you them by email? And my parents know of a nearby vet. He has some sort of cut under his head on his beard. Its just a line going across half his beard and it isnt bleeding abd doesnt look very deep. He is still breathing. His head and body are in the same position. His arm moved up and down twice.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
If you are able, a visit to the reptile vet should probably be considered. I hope he makes it. Sending positive thoughts your way.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi James, how is the baby today, were you able to get him to a vet ? If you want to send me an e-mail just p.m. me, I'd like to see the pics. I hope he's doing O.K. !

jamesk189

Original Poster
Just wanted to let you all know that my babie is doing great! Im so happy :D my parents took him to the vet and they just basically put some type of glue on the cuts(its like stitches but better) and give him some strong sort of medicine. They also said the reason why his body looked paralysed and his eyes were closed was because he was super shocked and frightened. He is currrently.in his basking area looking as healthy as ever. I am so glad that he is fine, and thankyou for all the support. I really needed it

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
That is so good to know that he is doing better. Yeah my baby fell yesterday from he branch and she was shocked and frightened but she seems better today really active

jamesk189

Original Poster
Yes babies are really fragile they need to be looked after really carefully when they are small because even a small fall can be a major problem for them

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's really great, I'm glad he's doing well ! Beardies do tend to heal well, and are pretty resistant as far as infections. If the vet put him on an antibiotic, [ which he prob. doesn't need ] he will need probiotics to restore the good bacteria in his gut that the meds. will wipe out. The probiotics can be soy [ non dairy ] yogurt, Acidophiliz + or Benebac , which you can get in some pet stores.

jamesk189

Original Poster
Oh wouldn't the person at the vets tell me to do that? (Which he didn't) and how would I give that to my BD?

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
You can give it to him by either if you give him yogurt spoon or syringe, and if its the other stuff ABHD said you can give by syringe feeding him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom