Please help. Little black beetle things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a new beardie 3 days ago (he's about half grown) and he has little blue-black beetles around his eyes and mouth. I searched online but I can't find out what they are. I have him in the same tank that my previous baby was in, but I completely cleaned out and disinfected the viv before putting Atticus in. I'm a semi new beardie owner and my previous little guy actually just passed, so I'm on super high alert about Atticus. The beardie before him didn't have these little bugs, so I think he came with them. Does anyone know what these are? Are they mites? Or something else? And how do I treat them? Please help!

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Hello A good way to tell if you have a mite problem is to give your beardie a bath. The mites should fall off in the water. I had a mite problem with a snake I had. Mites are awful and annoying, but it really didn't take me long to get rid of them. You just have to be really diligent with cleaning and treating the enclosures, and obviously avoid handling them and letting them free roam on furniture, etc. until you're done with the treatment. This site was really helpful: http://www.anapsid.org/mites.html

vixtory40

Hi, sounds like your little guy has got mites. I am having the same problem with my new beardie.. I've bought callingtons mite spray for the viv and that works a treat however I am struggling to get the mites of my beardie. I am just about to bath him and treat him with Beaphar insect spray, I'll let you know how I get on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom