Dino's YF... Rest Easy my Lil' Friend :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks guys... your support has always been overwhelming to me, today is no different. I spent last night just cuddling her. I skipped her meds. I sat there listening to her huff in my ear, feeling bad for her, wondering if it hurts to breathe. :( Then I let my son hold her, tears streaming down his face, while he was wondering if she's going to come home today or not. She'll "come home" either way, but it's a matter of HOW she comes home that was breaking his heart. UGH! I hate seeing that kid cry. :cry:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so, so sorry that it has taken this turn....it's heartbreaking. Try to stay strong whatever the decision you make.

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I had to let her go guys... I am heartbroken. I will post more details later, I just can't right now. Rest easy my sweet little Dino... :cry:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
So sad for you + your family Sue....what extreme dedication + devotion you had for Dino. Deepest heartfelt sympathy to you....no words can really say.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Sue,

I am so very sorry for losing Dino, she was so precious. She will always be with you. :cry:

You & your family will be in our thoughts.

Tracie

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I am so sorry Sue. My heart breaks for you and my prayers are with you. I do think you made the right decision as hard as it was to make. Dino is in a much better place without pain even though you may not see that yet or feel it. I know you miss her terribly but, shes at peace now after a long hard road. HUGS

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you everyone. It's sad but the truth is, she is finally at peace. Her eye infections have been going on since, what?, October. Took her off the meds and she busted out again, real quick! We did an X-ray and it showed fluid around her lungs, in her chest cavity and building in one of her lungs. Pneumonia? Heart failure? We could have done blood work to check her liver function, took a sample of the fluid in her chest to look for bacteria, started her on antibiotic shots again but, you know what? Fighting Pneumonia almost killed her last time. I couldn't put her through that battle again. It just wouldn't be fair. So, I had to make the difficult decision to let her go and let her be at peace. It was not easy to say the least but, I think it was the best thing to do for her. She's been through enough. So, now I have more beardie footprints, forever imbedded in my heart... Dino's along with Spike's. Ironically, they have passed away on the same day, 3 years apart. :(
Thank you ALL for your support over this last year and a half, good times and bad. You've been my "rock"! The place I could come to when I needed to vent or laugh or talk about Dino. I've said it before and I'll say it again, my non-reptile owner friends "Don't get it"... You guys here, you "get it." Thank you from the bottom of my heart... Rest easy my sweet little Dino, run and romp and play with Spike now. You will be missed forever. :love5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I know how difficult the decision was, but she & you fought the good fight & now she's at peace. She's not only with Spike but with Sweetie, Issy, Angel and Loish, and she's healthy and romping with all the lost beardies over Rainbow Bridge. RIP Sweet Dino, you'll be sorely missed and greatly loved.
HUGS to you, Sue, and your family. I'm always here if you need me.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
You did the best you could. You did an admirable job - more than most people ever would.
I think that is utterly respectable.

From all beardie slaves to an outstanding example:
Thank you.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Oh, Sue. I am so sorry. Dino's poor little body was just worn out. I believe she held on so long because she loved you.
She just couldn't any more. Hugs to you and your son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom