Tales of Fred the adventurer! - Updates 4/25/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I just wanted to make a 'blog' about my bearded dragon Fred.

He came to us on January 16th 2013, around 2PM. When I saw him, even though there were other babies in his tank, :love10: I knew he was the one I was going to take home that day... Of course the pet store guys gave us bad advice, so I'm so glad to have found this place, or else I would of gone on, still doing things wrong. (Thank you to those that helped me!) On the drive home, I was so nervous his little tiny container would slip from my hands and down to the ground, I also thought his container was a bit too small, (his tail was curled a lot) but, after a safe ride home, I held him until his tank was set up, then finally I put him in there, we put crickets in, but he just stared at us, after a little while he ate some. (Again, I was worried.)

Anyway, time for some pictures!

This is Fred on his first day home- So tiny!:
2wm18w5.png

I was very nervous and thought he stopped breathing when he was in this postion :shock: :
35cef4m.jpg

Fred, on his favorite basking spot, his cactus!(I'm actually wondering what I'm going to do once he outgrows it, he's on there like 24/7!):
2875ae.jpg

Fred, at the highest spot in his tank:
33061l3.jpg

Oh and his tank has changed since these pictures were taken! :wink: Oh and the pictures are small because they were taken with a iPad.

I love my Fred so much! :love5:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
herpgirl2510":35hljs3a said:
They are so cute when they are tiny... You worry about every little thing.
Definitely!

Fred is eating his crickets right now, when I took the cricket bin out, he started scratching at the glass trying to get the crickets! :lol:
He doesn't like salad, any ideas on how to make him like it a bit more? :dontknow: He's being his adorable self as usual. You can always tell when he wants crickets because he gives you this "Bring food to your master!" face! :eek:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Here's a couple more pictures!:
fvuvdy.jpg

^ That's him chilling out on his favorite thing ever... His cactus!

5cln2h.jpg

^ This was taken awhile ago but here's him sleeping on my hand! :love5:

2zqetfk.jpg

^ That's him scratching his glass, the usual! :lol:

rjo9di.jpg

^ That's him on his cactus... Again.

30rw9x0.jpg

^ "Yooou cant seee mee!"

Beardies are so fasinating! :study:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Me and Fred had some 'us time' but he started getting nervous of my cat, so I put him back in his tank, he also has a nickname... -drumroll- Mr. Freddywebster! :lol:
Anyways,
I really need suggestions on how to make him like salad a bit better?

11c6q38.jpg

^ "Get my good side!" (Also, please excuse the paper towel on the floor, my dad threw away his reptile carpet on accident, and I am going to clean his tank today, along with a bath. (Also, the white stuff on his rocks is calcium powder, we accidently spilt some while feeding him. :oops: ))

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Got another picture of Fred,

2w4064h.jpg

^ "I am King!" He does this alot, he's really funny, it kind of reminds me of The Lion King(Love that movie!) for some odd reason. :lol:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Fred HATES his baths! :roll: He will start scratching the sides of his tub and try to jump out! :shock: He's a really good jumper! I haven't gotten many pictures today because my iPad is dead and I don't know where my camera is... :x

Anyway,
I was showing Fred the rain outside, and there was this little bug who was crawling on the outside of the sliding door, and he started to jump for it! :lol: I had to take him away very fast or he would of tried to attack it. And another quick story to tell... I was showing Fred to my little sister, and apparently, his new name is: "No E dew" :laughhard:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Fred ate his salad!! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: He finally did it! We added a bit of mango to it to make it colorful,(I will only feed mango ocassionally.) and I came in and saw his little head moving and his tonuge poking out! VICTORY!

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
We ordered some small phoneix worms for Fred! :blob5: I'm not sure when they will come, but I hope soon so I can make his salad look more good!

VerriKerri

Hatchling Member
Fred is a little cutie. :]

You should look into getting a thermometer with a probe instead of one that sticks on the glass, it gives you a better reading for the temps.

Dixon hates his baths too he just sits there and glares at me until I take him out xD

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
VerriKerri":18npydxu said:
Fred is a little cutie. :]

You should look into getting a thermometer with a probe instead of one that sticks on the glass, it gives you a better reading for the temps.

Dixon hates his baths too he just sits there and glares at me until I take him out xD
Thank you! Would a thermometer with a probe be found at a local pet store or would we have to order it? Thank you for saying that, or I would of kept the stick on. :) Quick question: what is a probe? :study:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
|
V is that a probe? If so, Fred already has one, the pictures in the first post were from a long time ago, before I found this site.
2uf67he.jpg

I forgot we got rid of the stick on. :oops:

VerriKerri

Hatchling Member
hoopyscoop":2nh6l2h4 said:
|
V is that a probe? If so, Fred already has one, the pictures in the first post were from a long time ago, before I found this site.
2uf67he.jpg

I forgot we got rid of the stick on. :oops:

Yes! :D
Perfect.

MoonsAreBlue

Hatchling Member
What a cutie pie! The pictures of him on that cactus are adorable. Just so you know, mangoes don't have to be a special treat. If that's what he likes, try feeding him mangoes with other greens stuck to it. Variety is key! Just keep feeding him different things to see what he likes. My beardie is about the same age, and she just recently started eating a lot more greens.

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
MoonsAreBlue":ehpgapkm said:
What a cutie pie! The pictures of him on that cactus are adorable. Just so you know, mangoes don't have to be a special treat. If that's what he likes, try feeding him mangoes with other greens stuck to it. Variety is key! Just keep feeding him different things to see what he likes. My beardie is about the same age, and she just recently started eating a lot more greens.
Thanks! Your beardie is adorable as well! :wave: We just mash them up in put them in his greens like... Jelly on bread? :lol: My mom suggested mango, and I was like: “YES!” I’m a lover of mango so... I actually almost stole one of the pieces that was left on the cutting board. :twisted:
He’s growing ALOT. I might have to break it to my mom that we have to get him a 40 gallon QUICKLY!! I fed Fred(Rhyme! :blob5: ) today... by myself... And my mom then came in to help, and the evil little crickets decided they wanted to scare me... So they jumped out of their cricket bin, first one, then the other!! :shock: There was also this one time... We were feeding Fred, and there was this big cricket in there, and he was doing his own version of glass dancing because his little buddies were falling to their death... :twisted:

Can’t wait for phoenix worms!

Crickets = :puke:
Their neat but... NOT for me. :bleick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom