parasite help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kheaven35

Hey guys! my baby is about 4 1/2 months old and I'm pretty sure he has a higher level of parasites. His poop all last week wasnt very solid and he seemed lethargic plus wouldn't eat much. After switching his bulbs he seemed to perk up and is now eating normally. His poop was a lot better today but still had a lot of liquid surrounding it and it smelled horrible. I asked a knowledgable reptile friend what to do and she told me to give him Panacur but she wasn't sure about the dose. Anyone ever used this before?

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
yes, but you need to have a fecal test done on him to see what kind of parasites he has...there are different meds for different parasites.

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
kcarello":2eyw6k5e said:
yes, but you need to have a fecal test done on him to see what kind of parasites he has...there are different meds for different parasites.

I agree, I would get a fecal done before you medicate. Panacur, might help with pin worms, but not other parasites he might have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom