weird red beetle-like bugs in tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
Ham has been fighting a bad bout of coccidia for about 2-3 months now. The other day i noticed this small but visible red-beetle like bug in his tank it had a black spot on its back, wings, was not rounded like a lady bug and had antennae and a striped tail end. I didn't think much of it because it was the first sighting. He had been on totrazuril and his poo finally started looking normal again so I moved him to his new larger tank that I had waiting for him. Now I found another one of these beetles in the NEW tank and his poo was a mess again. I know this can be due to stress because of the move, but my real concern is these bugs. Has anyone else experienced this? Both times I found them I had literally just sterilized the whole tank minutes ago. He eats phoenix worms and no they are not phoenix flies. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Do you feed crickets? Did it look like this
warehscl_zpsdab16c79.gif

If so it is called a warehouse beetle and they are in cricket boxes to help eat and clean up after dead crickets

Oriheme

Juvie Member
Can you get a picture of the beetles? I know it would help a lot to be able to diagnose what they are!

red20turnip20beetle-1.jpg
did they look like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom