Feeders in Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where I can get a good variety of feeder insects in the Hamilton, Ontario area?

I've been looking around and it seems every shop is trying to price gouge. Online is cheaper, but shopping online requires huge orders and for one beardie, that really doesn't make sense.

I want to try feeding some silkworms, hornworms, and phoenix worms to see if my beardie enjoys them, then I might up the order once I understand what it is I need. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks! :)

Killzone3265

Juvie Member
it really is cheaper to buy 500 whatevers online for $20, than to only get around 200 in stores for that amount of money. they also last longer too, and with the big amount you could start your own colony

techie2200

Original Poster
Starting a colony is not an option for me right now. Anyway I've decided to try recorp.ca but they're really slow in responding to order requests. I sent in a question on the 30th of Jan, they got back to me on the 5th of Feb, and I "placed" my order that same day, still no response.

techie2200

Original Poster
Just wanted to update, I received my order on the 22nd of February. That took forever -_- luckily I still had enough food to keep my little guy happy until then.

Now I can spend some time really looking around! And starting next month I may be able to get a colony of crix going :)

techie2200

Original Poster
Killzone3265":1s2a7f76 said:
does anyone know of a canadian feeder site that has phoenix worms?

The only one I've found so far is recorp.ca (which I mentioned in my earlier post). It takes a little while to get through the order process, but you can get 3-4 cups of them in one standard shipment (thus saving on shipping fees) and they're not too bad price-wise ($8.50 CAD per 100 of the medium or large, or 150 of the small/extra small).

If anyone knows of other canadian retailers dealing in PWL I'd love to hear about 'em.

Dr. Phoenix

Hatchling Member
We supply Phoenix Worms to Bug Order in AB, Super Cricket in SK, and Recorp in ON. These distributors sell direct to customers and some pet stores.

Craig Sheppard, Ph.D.
President, Insect Science Resource LLC
Emeritus, University of Georgia
http://www.phoenixworm.com

XiDiS

Juvie Member
Super Cricket in SK charges $9.95/100 (med,lrg) but they will match the $8.50/100 (med,lrg) prices from Recorp. Just place your order then e-mail them with the info and they will credit you back the difference.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
:blob8: :blob5: :blob8: The Worm Lady!!! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:
Annie Brenner
I just ordered through her. You get your order in 2 business days! There's no minimum order, she carries every bug, including phoenix worms and her prices are amazing! I average spending 8cents per bug in the stores. I've now gone down 2cents per bug making them about 6cents having them shipped to my door! :D
-She's a lovely lady who owns a BD and really loves them. I will always order through her. She does not have a web site yet but here is here e-mail [email protected]
-Just let her know what bug you want and how many and she'll send you a price. Highly recommend! :D And feel free to say Holly on BD.org recommended her and says hi. :wink:

I operate The Worm Lady out of a village just south of Windsor Ontario. My husband and I raise/grow horns, silks, meal worms, super worms, and also carry Phoenix worms, wax worms, and butter worms. We also sell cooked silk and horn 'chow' to keep those feeders well fed until your critter gulps 'em down! I have a beardie myself and I do my absolute best to ensure an overcount, prompt next-day delivery whenever possible, proper and personal attention to each order, and well fed, healthy live feeders to my customers. I currently provide product to various pet/reptile stores in the area as well as on-line to people throughout Ontario and elsewhere in Canada. If you have any questions, please let me know. I can be reached at [email protected]. If I don't have what you want, I'll do my best to help you find it!!! - Annie Brenner

Wolvaroo

I've just recently ordered through "The Worm Lady" and have nothing but wonderful things to say about the experience.

I'd absolutely recommend her.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm so glad I checked out this site, Worm Lady, you sound wonderful and if Holly likes your worms, I will too. I'll have to check to see what I need and get back to you. I have 6 dragons, 5 adults and a juvie, and would like to get them something different than supers. Thanks, Holly, for the recommendation.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
sweetiepie9":1yqgcsig said:
Thanks, Holly, for the recommendation.
Your more then welcome. Annie is a joy to deal with, also I know you're looking for something other then supers but hers are fantastic. Bright and big and the most active I've ever seen. Myah has been very happy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom