coccidia treated with ponazuril

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc1025

i have two beardies about 7 months old and the male tested positive for coccidia, high count. the female was positive as well but wasnt as high as his count. she seems to be the worse of the two. the vet gave me ponazuril to give them 25mg/ml. she gets .04 and he gets 1.3ml per day, he seems to be doing fine with eating and taking his meds. she on the other hand isnt really eating. she would eat a cricket or 2 when she first was on the meds. she isnt even eating her veggies. shes very lethargic. my tank setup is reptisun 10.0 tube and the basking area is about 95. i bought probiotics, electrolytes, and liquid calcium for them. i cant get her to eat and i dont want to force feed her because i heard that it could cause aspiration in the lungs. any advice would help. she does go to the bathroom but its not much when she does. one day she did eat like 3 or 4 crickstes and later that day she threw them back up and ever since then she really hasnt eaten. he weighs in at 162g and she is 52g. they are the same age. i need help soon.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....are they by chance living together ? If so, she may be totally stressed and absolutely needs her own tank to get better. If that is the case and you need to split them up it would be best to move the male to a new place leaving the female in the original tank so she doesn't go through extra stress of getting uprooted from her home in to a new place. Also, the basking spot needs to be 105-110, especially since they're ill. By the way, you would get many more replies if you post this in E.R., and if you need help with Q's about dosing, you can p.m. one of the mods.,Tracie [ Drache613 ] for further suggestions. I hope your girl gets on the mend !

cc1025

Original Poster
AHBD":1xwinrkx said:
Hi there....are they by chance living together ? If so, she may be totally stressed and absolutely needs her own tank to get better. If that is the case and you need to split them up it would be best to move the male to a new place leaving the female in the original tank so she doesn't go through extra stress of getting uprooted from her home in to a new place. Also, the basking spot needs to be 105-110, especially since they're ill. By the way, you would get many more replies if you post this in E.R., and if you need help with Q's about dosing, you can p.m. one of the mods.,Tracie [ Drache613 ] for further suggestions. I hope your girl gets on the mend !

i have them in same cage but have a divider in there until i build thier enclosures. i have a plexi glass divider. should i put somethng in there so they cant see one another?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh, good that you have a divider. And yes, it would be very helpful if they could not see each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom