Medication for Coccidia and Oxyurid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi , I took my guy Capone to the vet to get a fecale done , due to odd bowel movements.... And he came back with Coccidia Isospora 3++ and Pin Oxyurid 4+.... I am having to now wait till Monday to talk to the vet to get the medication unfortuantely!!... And she told me is going to cost roughly 65.00 plus taxes... So my questions is does anyone know of a good website that delivers medication to Canada?.. To be completly honest , I am very nervous about buying the medication online , but I have heard serveral people mentioning buying it over the internet on here... And does any one know , do I need to clean out my feeders tank with ammonia/bleach?.. and throw the rest of them out? and buy new ones :( .... I am aware that I need to clean the tank and all the decore in it ... there's no issue there! Also does anyone know where to get or a website I can find Pedialte and AcidophilZ+ to purchase .... And AcidophliZ will act as a probiotic correct or am I going to need to get that as well?...

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
So I'm not aware of a site in Canada but there are two sites in the states where you can get meds and probiotics (like Acidopholuz):

www.bug-de-lite.com This site belongs to Tracie, who's a moderator here and knows as much as any vet, if not more. If you need to contact her about anything, her PM is drache613, this is who I get everything I need from, as I know Tracie very well. I know the shipping to Canada is very reasonable.

www.beardeddragon.co is a store run by Cheryl, who's a breeder and knows also alot about medications and how they work. The prices are comparible. I'm not sure of the shipping cost to Canada, but I know she does ship to Canada.

Hope this helps you get what you need. I know the meds are the same, they're just less expensive online.
Take care, good luck with your beardie,
Deb

Here is also something that Cheryl posted about giving your beardie the meds. First to give the meds 1st thing when your dragon has warmed up, then a probiotic 2 hours later, this makes sure the medicine starts working right away and the probiotic puts good bacteria back into their digestive system to help them with their food. Then feed your dragon as you normally do.

It's hard to determine if the parasites were caused by feeders or just in the beardies gut from stress or something else. I've never cleaned out the feeder bin of any of my feeders if my dragons got parasites, and they got over them just fine. But that's just me.

bubbababy99

Original Poster
OMG , Thank you so much , you've been of a great help!!! You lead me right to source, nothing better than that!! I'm supposed to be getting the medication on Tuesday , So i guess I better get on the website and some probiotic!!!! I guess I will ask the people whom own the site's (I'll pm the names you gave me) and perhaps they can point me right in the direction of the correction medication and doseage! That's my main concern!!! I don't want to get something that is going to stress him out and not help him :S.... Is there also fecal sample kits on there too?..

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yes, Cheryl's store sells fecal kits, not sure about Tracie. To contact Cheryl, look her up on Facebook, then send her a message. To contact Tracie, pm her on here (push the PM button under your info on the right) at drache613. They're both knowledgeable about meds, etc, but I've always gone to Tracie for analysis as she's got the knowledge of a great vet. So good luck with your baby!

bubbababy99

Original Poster
Thanks once again I , tried to message her , hoping to hear a response soon :) Im so nervous about this , but am trusting it cause I have heard from quite a few ppl that they have used both these sites!

bubbababy99

Original Poster
Cheryl whom on facebook , I sent a e-mail over her website?.. Facebook is always better tho cause most of us have it set up to our cells?..

bubbababy99

Original Poster
Perfect thank you so much , I got ahold of her and was able to make an order with her , the prices were very reasonable! Now to see how the medication works , and to see if I can read a fecal test lol :) I'll let you know how it goes?!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yes, please keep in touch. And if you have any questions, please let me know.
Take care, good luck with Capone, I'm sure he'll be fine!
Deb

bubbababy99

Original Poster
LOL , My Vet is now calling to give me the perscription cause that's what was disccussed on Saturday and I have already ordered... Should I be compleltly honest with the clinic?.. Do you think they will be judgemental?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I don't think it matters, if it comes up, just tell them you were able to get the medication at a less expensive price. It's your decision, not the clinic's on where you get your meds. And I know alot of people who buy from Cheryl or Tracie, just because they have them cheaper and know what the doses should be. It's important that the dose be correct for the weight of your beardie, as it can make your beardie sick to get too much of a dose. As long as that's been done where you bought them, you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom