Beardie's Life in Pictures and Inches (Citrus Tiger X Blood)

Status
Not open for further replies.

animalk

We got our beardie on October 19th, 2012..but I've been visiting this site regularly since before we picked her up.

She is a "Citrus Tiger X Blood" dragon. We chose her from her brothers and sisters, originally going for (and thinking we'd chosen) a male. We have since concluded that she is indeed female, but we have no regrets, as she is a very sweet, funny, and smart beardie :] Her brothers and sisters ranged from a tanish/brown color to a red/brown color.. she was somewhere near the tan side, and her indicative blue/black tiger stripes plus her calm temperament (even at 4 months old) made us decide to take her home.

It's been 3 months now, and we STILL have not been able to decide on a name for her. So, if you have any suggestions, we'd love to know! I just can't seem to find one that matches her brightness mixed with ridiculousness.

When we got her, she was 4 months old and about 9 inches long. I've sort of tried to keep a record of her growth in length since then... When we first got her, I was going crazy looking for other beardies' growth rates and color changes online.. I found a couple, but it made me want to keep track of how our little one grew. As time goes by, I like to compare her color to that of other citrus tiger and/or blood red beardies. Each shed makes her colors more vibrant, and I can't wait to see her when she's all grown up! I've tried to give as much information as possible, for those who would like to compare their dragons' stats. This is my data so far :)

DATE______LENGTH____AGE (mos.)___Days with Beardie
Oct. 19: ------ 9" -------- 4 ------------------ 1
Oct. 22: ------ 9.5" --------------------------- 3
Oct. 26: ------ 10" ---------------------------- 7
Oct. 30: ------ 10.5" ------------------------- 11
Nov. 4: ------- 11.25" ------------------------ 16
Nov. 9: ------- 12" ------- 5 ----------------- 21
Dec. 5: ------- 14.25" ------------------------ 47
Dec. 12: ------ 15.25" ---- 6 ------------------ 54
Jan. 1: -------- 16" -------------------------- 74
Jan. 15: ------ 17.12" ---- 7 ---------------- 88
Feb. 3: ------- 18.5" ------------------------ 107
Feb. 17: ------ 19" ------- 8 ---------------- 121

Here is a picture rant of her life since she's lived with us :) Up until last night, I've only had my laptop camera to take pictures of her with.. plus my girlfriend's instagram.. so this is a compilation of those pictures. I hope you enjoy them!

October 21st, 2012 (9"):
2hdb6sj.jpg

30dedk1.jpg

October 23rd, 2012 (about 9.75"):
m91xlu.jpg

October 24th, 2012 (about 10"):
2r5rxad.jpg

2iuzyps.jpg

October 25th, 2012 (about 10"):
zl89b7.jpg

34q319c.jpg

October 27th, 2012 (about 10.25"):
ixw4uf.jpg

October 30th, 2012 (10.5"):
311xpbn.jpg

here's a picture of the 20gal tank she started off in
o05jjt.jpg

she likes sitting in the window :]
qnwr5y.jpg

November 4th, 2012 (11.25"): first shed with us!
2affvd1.jpg

November 13th, 2012 (about 12.5"): being a cute little sicko, enjoying the heat :)
2jbpcnq.jpg

for a better perspective of her on the hammock
2a6msk0.jpg

November 30th, 2012 (about 13.5"):
n1ywxt.jpg

4gno0x.jpg

30naddc.jpg

szjyn8.jpg

December 1st, 2012 (about 14"):
14w6g4g.jpg

December 5th, 2012 (14.25"):
343nasx.jpg

December 9th, 2012 (about 15.05"):
29cs550.jpg

December 10th, 2012 (about 15.15") right before her back shed for the second time
1zz0whk.jpg

right after her back shed for the second time :)
2ibp1yp.jpg

December 19th, 2012 (about 15.5"):
33vovns.jpg

December 20th, 2012 (about 15.5"):
2qb6hdu.jpg

21kf336.jpg

December 28th, 2012 (about 15.75"):
here she is with my sister (I brought her home with me over Winter break.. went over sort-of well with the family)
x5avo.jpg

she's looking huge here!
514mt3.jpg

January 3rd, 2013 (about 16"):
her legs and tail shed while I was keeping her at my parents' house over Winter Break.. her head is taking longer, and her back will follow it
2le74ms.jpg

sawgig.jpg

January 7th, 2013 (she needs to be measured!):
first day in her new tank!
281zr03.jpg

35d2r1j.jpg

2ef8i34.jpg

200wi80.jpg

January 9th, 2013:
2ldvpsp.jpg

she's never slept in her little house on her own.. when she was little, we used to wrap her up like a burrito in a washcloth.. then we found her camping out like a little scout! :)
2ive6nd.jpg

January 12th, 2013:
finally some pictures that do her colors justice!! (her head and back are just about to shed for the 3rd time since we've had her)
1z6wiut.jpg

j0ktxd.jpg

January 13th, 2013:
here's a little karate kick to end it off with..
110m89l.jpg

I will post more pictures as time progresses.. we love our bearded woman! And remember.. we still need a name for her!
Thank you :)

animalk

Original Poster
Thank you! She came from a local breeder through a small pet store.. so we didn't really know what to expect. She grows much more than the babies that are still at the store.. until now, she's eaten 12-15 crickets twice daily, plus her salad mixture of kale/collard greens/mustard greens/dandelion greens and melons/peppers/berries. However, we switched her to dubias two days ago.. which she seems to REALLY love :]

animalk

Original Poster
thanks! I can't wait to see/take pictures of her after this shed.. each time is an awesome surprise! :) but I do have a question (for anyone who cares to give their input):
She eats well and is social and never acts stressed, but I wouldn't necessarily describe her as an "active beardie." She's "agile" and moves around her enclosure a couple times daily, but mostly just sleeps and lays during most of the day.. and really only runs/jumps around when she's going to poop (which happens almost regularly every 3 days).. She and her siblings have been calm since before we took her home.. and I'm just wondering if she should be more active than this.. also does her poop schedule sound healthy? lol

JoshCD

Not really familiar with what's considered an "average" amount of activity, so I can't really reply there, but from everything I've read on beardies pooping once every three days is perfectly normal.

As long as its not runny.

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Wow! She si a really pretty beardie. I just love her colors and markings. She's grown so much in four months.

animalk

Original Poster
JoshCD":37yii9oz said:
Not really familiar with what's considered an "average" amount of activity, so I can't really reply there, but from everything I've read on beardies pooping once every three days is perfectly normal.

As long as its not runny.
It's pretty normal, as far as I can tell... I'd rather describe it than take a picture :wink: It's usually a mixture of darkish colors.. it comes out in a large, somewhat mushy, pretzel formation .. with the strip of white plus a little puddle of liquid. good, right? :p

noelerhard":37yii9oz said:
Wow! She si a really pretty beardie. I just love her colors and markings. She's grown so much in four months.

thank you! she really has grown a lot! at some points, she was growing an inch per week! it's all very exciting and i'm wondering if she'll end up being on the smaller or bigger side (as far as beardies go)

Of people who have full-grown beardies and might happen to read this, how long is your beardie, and when did they reach adult size? :)

animalk

Original Poster
Her head has shed almost all the way! It's so gold! and today, we visited the shop where we got her.. her siblings are all still as big as when we got her.. I can't believe the difference.

the bearded woman starts her shed around her eyes
crawling on weird things she usually ignores. you are crazy, bearded woman!
2mxj05v.jpg

little shedhead queen!!
35b9uz7.jpg

I hope hope the skin on her back follows.. the tightness/peeling skin drives her crazy when she sheds. but she likes getting misted with the spray bottle and it seems to ease the itch :wink:
"Mom, where are the roaches?"
othvcx.jpg

gah new camera+shedding dragon is very distracting

animalk

Original Poster
She just shed!! Last night, we noticed the first cracks.. and when we got home from class today, she had started getting down to business. She was doing this thing where she kept finding the most ridiculously small openings to push her body through (between her log/house/the ground) like she was being birthed repeatedly :| .. and has rearranged her tank significantly since this morning.

basking a couple of days ago.. we hadn't seen her gape in a while.. i was starting to worry :roll:
she looks like a spazzy puppy here
vryo77.jpg

little tucked puppy peeve:
14ukxz8.jpg

this was just after the back piece came off :)
I'm happy to see that her little "1896" marking lasts with each shed.. even if it is more difficult to see now
2hz3894.jpg

Before and After :)
fpa3o2.jpg
2qtxqf8.jpg

wahoo the little monkey girl is growing up

the most recent name favorites are florence and monkey :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom