Bearded Dragon losing weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjlhll

My daughter has a 3 year old female beardie. She has not been eating much over the last few weeks and when she moves her bowels it is clear liquid with some yellow mass to it. She seems very tired and is laying around alot. I've soaked her and gave her water by dripping it on the end of her nose and she licks it. We try to soak her every other day for 3o minutes. She has fresh greens every day and does seem to eat a little, but will not eat her crickets or superworms at all. She also seems to be getting skinnier. Any suggestions? She used to be very active, we are really worried.....

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Do you know how much she weighs, and how much you think she may have lost ? Can you post a picture ? Has she ever brumated [ sleepy winter bahavior] in the past ?

gjlhll

Original Poster
I don't know how much she weighs, just looks alot smaller and her tail looks skinnier....Looks lathargic.... She has always been on the smaller side, but she is alot smaller now. I will try to post a picture. We have had her for a little over a year now, and she didn't act like this last winter.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I suggest getting a vet check from a vet that is experienced in reptiles such as beardies. It could be any number of things. If they act lethargic it could be brumation but if they are loosing weight, it's not brumation, it's probably an illness that has been there for awhile but it only shows up when it's almost too late. I hope and pray you have luck getting her back to health.

Lori

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Hello, how is your dragon doing? Did you get her to a vet and get a fecal test done? Please let us know how she is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom