Is something wrong with my dragons eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor1499

My dragon Thor has not been opening his eyes a lot lately and I have been having to actually put food in his mouth, he is losing weight. What is wrong with him? His eyes are slightly crusted I have removed sand from his enclosure. They also leak a white liquid.

carlisv

Hatchling Member
Poor little man sounds like he has an eye infection. What kind of UVB bulb are you using? And how long ago did you remove the sand? How old is he and how long has the eye issue been going on? Do you have any reptile vets near you to take him to? This isn't something that is likely to get better on its own.

Thor1499

Original Poster
I removed sand about 2 days ago. He is probably 2-3 years old and I take him to a vet a my local petsmart.

carlisv

Hatchling Member
I bet it was the sand. It's a good thing you took it out. There are folks on here much more qualified than me to offer medical advice; hopefully they'll chime in soon. You also might PM Tracie (Drache613). She's the best at health issues.

Thor1499

Original Poster
thor.jpg

Thor1499

Original Poster
Thank you all my beardie is getting better now, still thin though I wish I knew a food that would fatten him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom