Heating Dubia Bin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

I just received my shipment of roaches and have them all set up but now I'm having problems with my heat mat actually heating my roach bin. For some reason, the temperature inside the bin is stuck somewhere around 68-70 degrees fahrenheit and it doesn't seem to be increasing. The heat mat I have under my Sterilite container right now is this one: http://www.amazon.com/Sunbeam-732-500-King-Heating-UltraHeatTechnology/dp/B000FGDDI0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353981573&sr=8-1&keywords=heating+pad

and it's attached to this thermostat: http://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-MTPRTC-Digital-Thermostat-Heat/dp/B000NZZG3S.

Please help!

josephtran3

Original Poster
At the moment, the highest temperature I've been able to reach is about 71 degrees fahrenheit. The heat pad itself is warm but not hot when I touch it. :|

troyncindy

Hatchling Member
are you checkign the air temp on top of the egg creates? i keep my probe down into the middle of the bugs, and our temps are high 80's. but thats in an unheated basement, if i laid the probe on top, i'm sure it would be less, the dubias create their own heat. the more roaches, the more heat they create.

josephtran3

Original Poster
Oh! That's great to know! I had the probe positioned above the egg crates because I didn't want to place it on the floor just because I thought they could crawl up the wire somehow and run out (totally paranoid, I know). Thank you! I was somehow under the impression that the whole bin had to be in the 80s all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom