How long should my lights be on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IonBob00

I just got a beardie a few days ago and was curious as to how long everyone leaves their lights on. My viv is in the basement so she gets almost no natural light. I usually give her her breakfast 20 minutes after the lights come on. I leave the house by 730 or 8 am, and usually don't get home till 5 or so. If I leave the lights on for 12 hours, it usually just makes the cut to give her 2 hours to digest after dinner. My main question is if I turn her lights on at 7 and off at 9 or so, will that do harm/screw with her sleeping schedule? Thanks for any help guys

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
14 hours of "daylight" with lights and UVB on is fine! :) (Sometimes it depends on the dragon though. Our adult male does get a bit sleepy-looking at about the 13 hour mark, so he's only on a 13 hour schedule lol)

Erok000

Hatchling Member
Im glad you said something Snazzy! Our lil guy gets up at 7a.m. and about 12hrs later he gets to looking sleepy( well over 2 hrs after dinner). I was getting worried. Now not so much, he is great in every other aspect, just gets sleepy early,lol. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom