Correct amount for 8month old??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlo0001

I got my beardie about 7 months ago and he was 4 inches including tail so I just assume he is 8ish? But anyways I give him salad an hour after lights on and freshen them in the afternoon and he picks throughout the day, more so if I wait to give crickets(I tend to wait and see if he'll eat some greens first) then tend to give him 30 crickets a day. I weighed him today and he was 289g

brittani299

Extreme Poster
When you feed him crickets do you let him eat for 15 mins? He should be eating 2-3 times a day as many as he can eat in 15 mins

jlo0001

Original Poster
That's how i fed him for the first 6 months but I was under the impression that they shouldn't eat more than once a day now that he's almost a year.

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
jlo0001":zvi2f3uh said:
That's how i fed him for the first 6 months but I was under the impression that they shouldn't eat more than once a day now that he's almost a year.

He should cut himself back gradually - my girl just started ignoring one of her feedings a day, and that let me know when she was ready to go down a feeding. At 8 months, he should still be getting fed twice a day if he's showing interest in both feedings. You can either offer him as many crickets as he wants at each feeding or you can cut him off at 50 each day. At 12 months, then he should be brought down to one feeding of bugs a day and then gradually over the next six months cut back the number of bugs he gets so that at 18 months old he is on the adult diet of only 25-50 live bugs a week. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom