Anyone from the Buffalo area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Halister":1zxsc3h5 said:
traceyb73":1zxsc3h5 said:
Halister":1zxsc3h5 said:
The only real vet I found was in Amherst or Buffalo All creatures animal hospital.
I have heard from everyone, including my breeder that they are the best! :) I've only had my baby a few days and haven't been there yet.

Yes they helped us big time when Thug got very I'll.
Wait a few months let him get settled then get him on file just in case. Also they board beardies for those vacations!
I'm so sorry, I didn't get notices that someone posted. :( Did you sell me the 40 gal at McDonald's across from the airport? :)

I can't be away from her for 2 hours, if I go somewhere, Zoey goes. ;) But thank you for that info. :) As far as the beardies from the CL lady, I'm sure they are all dead by now...that was the end of July and the one we got was having seizures the day we got her then she died the next day. :( I did go back and look to see if she still had an ad on CL and she wasn't there. Probably cause she owed us money which we will never see. :banghead: Live and learn. :?

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Halister":1lmbzuqp said:
Oh man I just read the above post. I'm sorry the tank sold. Hopefully you were the one that bought it from me off CL...
Question...if you are the guy I bought the tank from, do you still have the top? I need one really bad. I'm using the screen and having one hell of a time with it. I can't keep the temps right.

Halister

Juvie Member
Original Poster
No sorry wasn't me. That screen stinks I threw mine out and made a top. If you go to Thugs world topic you can see the top I built.
Post a pic of your set up. Breeders normally have no issue keeping a good temp.

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Halister":9mjquzhb said:
No sorry wasn't me. That screen stinks I threw mine out and made a top. If you go to Thugs world topic you can see the top I built.
Post a pic of your set up. Breeders normally have no issue keeping a good temp.
I kind of had a feeling it wasn't you, but it can never hurt to ask. :)

I did see the top you built which I really liked!! Since it's cooling down so much around here I am back to square one again with getting her temps right. I am going to get a CHE today as I had another sleepless night last night cuddling with Zoey to keep her warm. The room she is in gets down to 65 before the heat comes on but I still dont' like being that close to the borderline. :? Maybe tonight I can sleep. lol

I have all kind of pics posted, I'll give you a link to her thread if you get bored one of these days. :)

Zoey's thread
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=175282

LadyMeridius

Hatchling Member
Ill throw in my vet, Dr Tomaske from Seneca Animal Hospital. He works with the reptiles at the Buffalo Zoo frequently. He has an awesome demeanor and is very good to Fluffy.

LadyMeridius

Hatchling Member
Im back in town and it doesnt look like the weather will be conducive to outdoor cuddles :( We will have to make do in the house

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
I'm FURIOUS and need to vent. My daughter just went to Markheim's. We go there at least twice a week for crickets. My daughter went there for 500 and the woman (not the kid either, the older one!!) told her we are feeding Zoey too many and should only be feeding her (who is 4 months old) 10 crickets a feeding!!! My blood pressure is so high. I want to storm in there and give them all an earful. How dare they say something so stupid. And the reason?? Too much fat!!!! Duh! When my daughter told me that I said they had to be talking about waxworms and she said no, she specifically said crickets and said nothing about waxies. No wonder the beardies don't look good, they are starving them!! And has anyone else noticed the crickets are ALWAYS in the cage with the beardies?? The reason I have been going there is because of all the pet stores locally they seem to have the most knowledge. Well, I THOUGHT!

LadyMeridius

Hatchling Member
That's crazy. The only time I was in there, there was a female beardie way far from the basking spot in the breeder tank. I asked what was wrong and the kid said she just didnt want the heat. I knew he was full of it :(

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
The things these people say are just off the wall. I am really glad I wasn't in there when she told my daughter about the 10 per feeding.

LadyMeridius

Hatchling Member
I live too far to make it a habit of stopping by, but I did want to show my husband what an adult male looked like, since he was asking if I was sure Fluffy was a girl. Once he saw the full grown males he agreed that we def. had a female (who was a big piggy today eating 5 hornworms and 10 supers. YOU try to tell her she can only have a small amount!)

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
LOL, I know right?? Zoey downed around 100 small crickets for her first feeding today! She would have chewed on some of my fingers if I told her she can only have 10. LOL I don't know where she puts them! She's only about 50 grams!!! She had her first dose of panacur for pin worms last Sat., second dose tomorrow plus she is shedding probably 80% of her entire little self!! I have to feed her one at a time and it takes forever (I hate crickets and I only use the tongs) but after all my only purpose is to feed and entertain her. lol I heard the panacur kills the appetite but I guess Zoey didn't get the memo. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom