Zoey's Tales and Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess after almost 300 posts, it's time Zoey has her own thread. :) Things may be a little out of order...today is August 19th and we got her on August 1st. She was 8 weeks old at the time. She is already spoiled rotten, she has me trained better than most dogs and she has me wrapped around her little finger. She loves to mess with me but I seem to be the only one who doesn't recognize it. Some of things she has done will be repeated from other's posts because honestly they are quite comical sometimes, in hind site of course.

And there will be pics that have been taken along the way. I am going to try my best to keep it in order, but I can't promise anything! :D Hope you enjoy!!

Tracey

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Sorry I started it and wandered off. lol We got a 40 gallon for $30 today! We had to clean it out and get her set up. It was the cutest thing!! I got a nice size limb from one of the trees outside (I baked it for a good half hour), plus this wood thing that we got from the pet store (yup, baked that too). She was so happy, she straddled the branch from one end to the other, licking the whole way, then dove on the big thing, then back to the other side to do it all over again. It felt so good to see her so happy in there. :) My daughter took pics, but I can't seem to find them.

I do however have a picture of the little harness my daughter (Mariah) made for her. She was so good about it too! We can do anything to this little girl. lol

Now tell me, how cute is this???

Zoey81912harness.jpg

:D :p :D :eek:

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok, ok...maybe I am cheating a little bit. This was a post from a couple days ago, talking about Zoey's making me crazy/tormenting me/trying to see just how many years she can shave off me. Yes, I'm copying and pasting...hey, she torments me, you need to see how this started so I can continue....
She was acting weird today, she is getting ready to shed and being a lunatic. First she did the eye bulge thing which had me PMing Tracie, now today she pretended she was knocking on death's door and using only her front legs, she every so slowly made her way up the huge mountain that is her log (its less than 3 inches high). We're talking she would pull herself up once and take a break. She got to the top and plopped herself down, head and all. Eyes were barely half open. Now anyone who knows me on here knows how this is going to go. I FREAKED OUT. I called my daughter about 3 times in 30 seconds and when she finally answered I told her I think Zoey is dying. The kid knows to just humor me. Since I am home all day, every day, I have nothing to do but stare at this little girl. She likes to mess with me apparently and I seem to be the only one who doesn't know. Anyway, I figured I better get her outside for some real sun NOW. So...I take her outside, put down on a comforter while I am holding her, one small step away from tears. I figured since we had a bad experience before (i am too ashamed to tell that one again), I better find a way to hold onto her...you know, just incase she decided to come back to life. So I go in the house, sit her down next to my husband on the couch (he really thinks I should be committed for babying "a lizard"). He just sits there, rolling his eyes, shaking his head, and finally says, "WHY are you doing that??" as I try to put a very thin, elastic head band around her. I was making a little harness of course. DUH! Anyway, she just sits there and lets me mess around...now don't forget she is "near death". I just ended up tying the thing around her right behind the arms. So I go out on the deck and put her on my chest. Well, first she turns around so I can get a birds eye view and poops on me. Nice. So we go in the house, I change and we come back out. Now this little thing who is sooooo sick decides life is worth living after all. She decided to TAKE OFF. Thank GOD I had ahold of her "leash" (hair tie). She runs across the deck as far as the elastic can go, kind of bounces back just a little bit, which puts her directly in front of our 95# Lab (who, lucky for her is nice!!). She panicked and instead of trying to run even harder, THROWS herself at me. LOL Now at this point I'm not sure if I should laugh, cry, scream, laugh....needless to say, she is fine now. She is going to give me a heart attack. Or panic attack. Maybe both.

Ok, so this is why we had to make the harness. She was doing the "near death experience" face again today. Then she got her new viv and again decided life was worth living. If only I had known it would take nothing more than a stick and a $30 cage (no, this is a viv!!) to make her stay away from the light....

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
This is the eating habit of my lazy, spoiled beardie...
HOW TO EAT A CRICKET.
In order for the cricket to be good enough for Zoey, it has to do the waltz, then a little Irish jig, hop twice and jump in her mouth. And only one at a time. If I put 2 in there that are jumping all over, she will just stare at me. Then, even when I take one out, and dangle the other on in front of her face (holding it by the antenna of course), she is still done. That is when the lettuce confetti starts to fly. I don't know how she does it....it looks like a 50 MPH wind storm went through her viv. I have never seen how she does this, only her sitting on her little log, looking at me, and I swear I hear her say, "what?". And she gets it clear over to the other side of the tank! Ugh, she is lucky I love her so much.

So after she tortured me yesterday thinking she was a goner, today she did this move...she practically crawled her sorry self to her log, did sexy leg with one leg, and this is how she ended up. I mean really, how could this be comfortable?? She stayed like this for a very long time.

Zoey12wk8-19-12.jpg

Seriously, look at that face.

By the way, this is the huge mountain she could barely crawl her way up yesterday. There is nothing wrong with her. She is running, happy, spoiled. lol

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I guess I should start at the beginning now that I covered the last couple days. lol

This is our sweet little girl when we brought her home and put her in the cage, before we even go anything else in there with her...seriously, not even 5 minutes. :) It's kind of fuzzy...sorry about that.
Zoey, August 1, 2012
Nala8112.jpg

First her name was Nala, but it just didn't fit. She needed something with a bit of an edge to it, but girly too. :) Yes, the breeder was able to show me with no question that she is in fact a female. :)

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
This was the Friday after we got her. The day we got this log thing which is her absolute favorite thing. :)

Zoeylog.jpg

Zoeywood.jpg

She loves that silly thing. :) But then there is the $5 fake plant....
Zoeyplant.jpg

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Yay! Zoey has a thread! :blob8: I'm posting so I can follow all of her adventures. And she does looks like Nim. But Nim is much redder. But color doesn't matter, it's the personality that counts. :D

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She really does have some pretty color, but it seems hard to get it right with the camera. Once she sheds, she is going to be orange, almost red I think. :) She has gotten very light because she is about to go into a full body shed, her head and ONE leg. lol Poor thing was scratching her head and chin like a dog on her log. :( Not trying to rhyme. lol

Ok, so about a week ago I decided it was time to let my little one explore. I have heard other people say their beardies love to look outside. So we went to the sliding glass doors of course! :) Sitting on me looking outside wasn't good enough, she wanted to get just a little bit closer. This is how it went down...
First my arm was good enough...
uhohnowwhat.jpg

Then she figured if she ran fast enough she could get all 4 legs up there!
Igotthis813.jpg

This is why she keeps me around.
Zoeywindhand.jpg

By this one she wasn't even bothering to move her back legs, she would walk with her front and I would just move my hand to follow. Again...spoiled? NOOOOO!!
littlehelp.jpg

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well, that is a good start for now. At least I finally have something going!! Since it's 1 AM and I have a beardie wrapped in a blankie, under my robe and under a coat, sleeping soundly (and has been since 10 PM), I am going to do some catching up here, put my little one to bed and hit the sack! We cuddle like this every night. I figure she stays at my body temp while she is sleeping and I kind of forget she is there until I sit down. Then I can feel her move a little closer every once in a while and I love it. :) Her head is just below my chin and when she moves I pet her head for a while and she is content to just be. :)

Good night everyone!! Sweet dreams. :)

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well another day of torture (not Zoey, me) and torment (from my little angels...can't forget the dog) and I took more pics. I found some from earlier too! I warn you now...this one is going to be very pic heavy!!!

First, this is Sully. he is my 9 year old, 95# son. How cute is he? :) He is so gentle with Zoey and I think she is starting to tolerate him...she has licked his nose twice now, no black beard or even stress marks! :D We have had him since he was about 18 months old. The people that had him before had a baby who was allergic to him. From the second he walked into our house, he owned the place. He only lets us live here to pay the bills, feed him and clean up his poop. Isn't that nice of him? (Spoiled absolutely rotten!!) We don't buy dogs. We always end up with dogs who have no home and they end up spoiled rotten. He gets more love and attention than most kids. :) He has the most loving eyes. :D
Sully82112.jpg

I found this pic of Zoey (when we were still calling her Nala) from two days after we got her (at 9 weeks, 1 day old). It was the day before we bought her log that is now her new BFF. You can't see all of it, but I found that rock outside (yes, I baked it for over an hour at about 250, just to make sure it had no germs) and she never bothered with it...well, except to poop on it. :roll: So much for her using that to grind down her nails. I do think she was snubbing us. LOL She has grown so much in 3 weeks!!!
dayafterwegotZoey-Copy.jpg

I tried to get a better picture of her new 40 gallon. It's tough to get the whole thing in the picture when I am using my phone instead of a camera. She is so used to the smaller cage that I can't seem to pull her away from that silly log to get her to eat!! She is just not used to all the room and won't venture to the other side. I think I need to get a CHE (no, I know I do!) and maybe that will help her move around. I haven't checked the temps on the other side, I am still trying to make sure it gets up to at least 102 for her. It seems I could put her in a shoebox and she would be happy as long as she had that silly log!!! :roll:

I'm not loving that location of her viv. We thought it would be nice because in the winter she has the baseboard heat right behind her plus we have a pellet stove on the other side of the room that gets the temps in there over 80 in the winter. Not to mention, she has a view out of the sliding glass doors. I'm anxious to see her reaction when she sees snowflakes falling. :) Just not anxious for summer to end!!!!
Zoeyviv82012.jpg

Ok, as soon as I wake her up (which she turns into a long drawn out process!!), I warm her up, feed her then put her back in her viv. This is what she does as soon as i put her down...she runs over and hugs her log, then second pic is what she does after she hugs it. Like clockwork...every day. OCD anyone??
Zoeysitlog821.jpg

Zoeyslog.jpg

"Ah Mr. Log, how I've missed you!!" Look at that sweet face. :D
Zoeycrankypants.jpg

Not sure if you can see on this one, but she is so ready to shed. I wish it would just happen already so she can be done with it and get back to her normal self!! She's still a cuddle bug, but she just can't get comfy. I feel so bad for the poor little thing. :( If you look closely you can see her arm/foot on the right is more than ready to shed too, but not the left. Weird.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Cute dog! :D Looks spoiled rotten indeed. :p Fall is coming too soon here in Maine. August 21st and we have chilly nights. I may have to get Nim's CHE sooner then I hoped. Zoey is beautiful. If only Nim and Zoey could meet! :) They would have such fun together! Nim doesn't torment me. No, I do that to myself without his help. Yesterday I was feeding him, and the way he was sitting made it look like something was coming out of his vent. So I picked the poor lizard up and nothing was there! :roll: I don't think Nim enjoys how nervous his mommy gets. Poor thing, but that is how much I love him! :D

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
TheWerewolf":3w3ur3c8 said:
Cute dog! :D Looks spoiled rotten indeed. :p Fall is coming too soon here in Maine. August 21st and we have chilly nights. I may have to get Nim's CHE sooner then I hoped. Zoey is beautiful. If only Nim and Zoey could meet! :) They would have such fun together! Nim doesn't torment me. No, I do that to myself without his help. Yesterday I was feeding him, and the way he was sitting made it look like something was coming out of his vent. So I picked the poor lizard up and nothing was there! :roll: I don't think Nim enjoys how nervous his mommy gets. Poor thing, but that is how much I love him! :D
Aw, thank you for the compliments! I won't tell Sully what you said though...he already has a big head. lol Not just literally!

I am a paranoid mom too, it's just that Zoey knows this. :? she loves to toy with me.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Maybe Nim knows I'm paranoid but knows that if he is himself I freak out. If he has to work too hard for something then it is pointless. Like what I posted in Nim's thread last night. He will only eat the bugs that are close to him or in his 'silver platter'. I've spoiled that thing! He is currently sitting on his luxury bed. He probably pooped on it too. I want to remove it when he wakes up but he LOVES how soft it is. So I leave it in there. He needs a bigger cage. And a log. Those leaves just can't support his weight anymore. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom