Olive oil for small impaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

YavannaV

Hatchling Member
How long does it take to work? I had to leave Dreganna at the Vet for 8 days while we were on vacation. I left detailed instructions which they seemed to follow for the most part except for baths. They didn't give her a bath at all from what I can tell. I usually do baths every other day for her. She's only had one bowel movement in the week since we've been home and is drinking water (which she never does) from her baths. Her one bowel movement (it was in the bath) had a really hard urate which led me to believe that she didn't get any water at all in the 8 days that we were gone. I gave her 0.03 ml of olive oil 4 days ago and later that afternoon during her bath she had the bowel movement. Then we skipped a day. Two days ago I gave her an additional 0.03 ml of olive oil followed by a bath. She didn't go. Yesterday I gave her a bath but no oil. Still no bowel movement. Today, I gave her another 0.03 ml of olive oil and a bath and she still didn't go. She is moving fine. Her back legs are working properly. She feels a bit backed up though (on the left side not the right). I've been massaging her sides during the baths.

Any tips or ideas?

Thanks.

Spikey07

Juvie Member
You can mix applesauce with the olive oil, that will help.

Also when you bath her make the water a little warmer than normal.

YavannaV

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Before this she would go daily or every other day usually in the same spot in her enclosure. She will be 1 year old in 3 more weeks.

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
Mine went from every day to bout every 3 when he was about a year. Have you had a diet change? Also could be stress from being a the vet then home Agin.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
i do the applesauce and olive oil as well :) keep giving her warm baths with a little applsauce and a dab of olive oil, a light tummy massage, and she should go soon :)
good luck!!!
let us know if she poops! :shock:
~Em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom