Is aloe vera ok for my dragon to eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashleyelsha

Juvie Member
I have some aloe plants, is it ok if I break off a piece now and then to give to my bearded dragon? I was thinking once a week. They have good antibacterial and anti inflammatory properties. Sort of like giving garlic to fish to help prevent disease and stress.
Thanks for any input

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
I think it is edible, but do you think they would eat it? I've heard people in Thailand (where I'm from) do in fact in them. But the taste is probably horrific... :x :wink: YOu can probably offer a sliver of it and see what happen.

angelpaws

Hatchling Member
Id be very careful about gving your beardie anything that isnt already tested as being "safe" You dont want to take a chance on your beardies life! :cry:

Everyone here supports this food list which is pretty diverse. http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutritionframeset.html

Have fun with trying different things but be very careful, whats good for some may not be good for others! Good luck!

ashleyelsha

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Paradon":7akpzd2l said:
I think it is edible, but do you think they would eat it? I've heard people in Thailand (where I'm from) do in fact in them. But the taste is probably horrific... :x :wink: YOu can probably offer a sliver of it and see what happen.

well raw collard greens and mustard greens don't taste very good either so.... I just wanted to know if it was safe I might try adding some in with my little guys salad. He just started eating his salad yesterday. He ate the whole thing yesterday and today he ate about half of it. I put his salad in in the morning with some free crickets in his cage, and in the evenings I feed phoenix worms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom