Artificial Insemination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saleen89559

Juvie Member
Anyone heard of anywhere doing or experimenting with Bearded dragon artificial insemination?

I have been talking with my vet recently on the issue of my big male Spike, not being able to couple with Lemon Drop due to how big he is. She's 19" long, and plenty big to breed, but he's just that much bigger and he can't get together with her. So my vet is referring me to University of Wisconsin's Veterinary Sciences Lab and Hospital so they can look at helping so Spike can pass his enormous genes on to another generation.

Any ideas or thoughts?

Biothon

It has been done with beardeds before and is typically more common in European countries with snake species.

The procedures, for the most part, are identical.

Here is a link that describes method and several examples of success in venemous species. A bit hard to read the way it is laid out.

http://www.smuggled.com/AIS2.htm

Jayson745

Hatchling Member
Seriously? :shock:

Yea, ummm, I wouldn't bother doing that. I would be suprized if hes to big to lock up. How long is he? How much does he weigh? There are some really big beardies out there getting the job done just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom