Does novalsan kill coccida?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
My bd has a high count of coccida[ I took a smaple in after she stopped eating]. I read here that ammonia works well after you clean up the poop but I am worried about the fumes so do you think Novalsan would do the trick too?

morphmom

BD.org Addict
I honestly don't know if novalsan kills coccidia but I bleached my tank, dried it out, aired it out, and then I spot cleaned the messes with rubbing alchol as the fumes were gone in the time it takes to soak Myah. I'll let you know if it worked as soon as I know. Wish you well. Coccidia just plain sucks.

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I am treating her for coccida and she is still in the tank. I wanted to know what I can clean up her poop with that won't put off lots of fumes.

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks a bunch. i just ordered some stuff from Cheryl's, Rio reptile website. I really enjoyed this informative info. Thanks. I am going to keep it as a reference.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

No, unfortunately novalsan does not kill coccidia. The most effective way to kill it is through steaming, which is a bit time consuming but does help out a lot.
How are things coming along with cleaning the tank?

Tracie

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I haven't gotten the stuff from Cheryl yet.But
*I have been taking out sunshine/charlotte and having to use ammonia. I don't like to expose her to the fumes so she gets some out of the tank time. She doesn't mind.
I like the name Sunshine and decided on that but last week we went to a meeting and went thru a town called Charlotte. All of the sudden my son said what about naming your bd charlotte. I instantly fell in love with the name and I wnat to change her name to that but my 4 yr old son wants to keep it sunshine so we are doing name battling here. :banghead:

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
Valerie":my6zcfei said:
I like the name Sunshine and decided on that but last week we went to a meeting and went thru a town called Charlotte. All of the sudden my son said what about naming your bd charlotte. I instantly fell in love with the name and I wnat to change her name to that but my 4 yr old son wants to keep it sunshine so we are doing name battling here. :banghead:

Whenever I was a child and the whole family couldn't agree on what to name a new pet - the pet would be given both a first and middle name as a compromise. So tell your 4-year-old that your beardie's name is Charlotte Sunshine <insert "last name" here> lol... my family even ended up with goldfish who had full proper names hahaha, good luck! :D

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I was thinking of doing judt that. Haha. Now, will the bd get confused??? :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom