worms??

Status
Not open for further replies.

japcarsBrett

Hatchling Member
Hi, i think my beardie has worms as he really doesn't eat much anymore and is very unactive and is only 18 inches at nearly 2 years old and he hasnt grown since last year or when he came out of brumation in feburary i have said on many posts on here that he is not as active and doesn't eat much any more he won't touch any veggies and locusts and other foods nothing i know all the temps lights etc is fine as i have had many people in every post say yeah thats fine so least i know its not that , i don't have a vet near me that works on reptiles unless i drive an hour and a half well 2 hours actualy, anyway so i cant get a fecal done for awhile till i have a day off work, as i work till late and they are closed by the time i get there and they aren't open weekends either great, so i was thinking of buying him some reptile wormer for him at a local pet store but i wasn't sure if giving it to him would harm him if he didn't have a parasite or worms or would it be safe? and least if he doesn't change i know its not worms good idea?? also how would i inject him with it?
Thanks

Having a reptile comes with making time for them. If your bearded hasn't been eating or shedding then something is seriously wrong. He needs to see a herp vet ASAP do not wait any longer or he will be gone soon.. parasites are no joke and it sounds like your bearded has a bad case. over the counter medications do not help parasites.

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
You should definitely NOT treat for worms if it hasn't been properly diagnosed, as meds are harsh on your beardie's system in general. Even if your beardie does have low counts of worms, it may not be recommended to medicate as sometimes the side-affects are worse than low levels of some parasites themselves. However, you shouldn't need to see a herp vet just to get a fecal test done. If I'm correct, it's the same fecal test they run for parasites on dogs and cats. I would highly recommend getting a fecal test done at ANY vet (just call around to see who does it for cheaper without an office exam, but make sure it's a fecal smear not a float, as a float won't detect near as much). You can let us know here what the results of the fecal test are, and we can help you with meds and dosing. You can get meds to treat most parasites for very cheap at http://www.beardeddragon.co ...actually I think you can even get a cheap fecal test done through Cheryl (RioReptiles) who owns that site, contact her to find out! Tracie (Drache613) is also very good with meds & dosing if you want to contact her. If your fecal test comes back clear, then you'll know it's time to start looking into other possible issues as the cause of your problem. Good luck!

japcarsBrett

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hi thanks for the reply's its hard to get to the vets as the one that used to do the fecal exams went bust not too long ago ( great ) but i got my bd some reptaid and he is back to normal poops everyday or every other day basks all the times eats everything he has improved so much and his color is back to normal he is so much more active now almost like a different beardie. he is defiantly back to normal all healthy signs are back in him i will still get a exam done soon when i get my holiday i really cant do much else believe me i have tried everything and i mean everything. thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom