Does novalsan kill coccida?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
My bd has a high count of coccida[ I took a smaple in after she stopped eating]. I read here that ammonia works well after you clean up the poop but I am worried about the fumes so do you think Novalsan would do the trick too?

morphmom

BD.org Addict
I honestly don't know if novalsan kills coccidia but I bleached my tank, dried it out, aired it out, and then I spot cleaned the messes with rubbing alchol as the fumes were gone in the time it takes to soak Myah. I'll let you know if it worked as soon as I know. Wish you well. Coccidia just plain sucks.

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I am treating her for coccida and she is still in the tank. I wanted to know what I can clean up her poop with that won't put off lots of fumes.

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks a bunch. i just ordered some stuff from Cheryl's, Rio reptile website. I really enjoyed this informative info. Thanks. I am going to keep it as a reference.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

No, unfortunately novalsan does not kill coccidia. The most effective way to kill it is through steaming, which is a bit time consuming but does help out a lot.
How are things coming along with cleaning the tank?

Tracie

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I haven't gotten the stuff from Cheryl yet.But
*I have been taking out sunshine/charlotte and having to use ammonia. I don't like to expose her to the fumes so she gets some out of the tank time. She doesn't mind.
I like the name Sunshine and decided on that but last week we went to a meeting and went thru a town called Charlotte. All of the sudden my son said what about naming your bd charlotte. I instantly fell in love with the name and I wnat to change her name to that but my 4 yr old son wants to keep it sunshine so we are doing name battling here. :banghead:

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
Valerie":my6zcfei said:
I like the name Sunshine and decided on that but last week we went to a meeting and went thru a town called Charlotte. All of the sudden my son said what about naming your bd charlotte. I instantly fell in love with the name and I wnat to change her name to that but my 4 yr old son wants to keep it sunshine so we are doing name battling here. :banghead:

Whenever I was a child and the whole family couldn't agree on what to name a new pet - the pet would be given both a first and middle name as a compromise. So tell your 4-year-old that your beardie's name is Charlotte Sunshine <insert "last name" here> lol... my family even ended up with goldfish who had full proper names hahaha, good luck! :D

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I was thinking of doing judt that. Haha. Now, will the bd get confused??? :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom