UV light

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it dangerous or harmful for Izzy to be right under the uv bulb? i mean her eyes are almost touching the light. Normally she can not get that close but my kids rearranged her branches so now she can get right up close. should i rearrange her cage again?

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Is she browning slightly at the edges? Making a sizzling sound? Is there a smell of delicious cooking dragon wafting through the house?

No?

I think it's gonna be ok. If you really want to, just move the branches back a bit lower.

luvmybeardies

Original Poster
haha ok so i am a worried mom. thanks i just did not want her to have eye damage or anything like that LOL

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Definitely put her branches lower & explain to your kids she has to be about 6-8" away from her light to get her UVB. If you're using a tube, then there's no heat & there won't be an issue, but she still needs to be lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom