Longest time without pooping??

Status
Not open for further replies.

StaceysBuddy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Bonnie - has your beardie go yet?

I hope his schedule is back to normal. I bought more superworms and waxworms. If he starts eating those, I'll buy more greens. But lately it's been a waste 'cause they go rotten before he eats any. I still might sneek in a little prune & pumpkin while I have it.

bonnie

Hatchling Member
StaceysBuddy":1l17tppz said:
Bonnie - has your beardie go yet?

I hope his schedule is back to normal. I bought more superworms and waxworms. If he starts eating those, I'll buy more greens. But lately it's been a waste 'cause they go rotten before he eats any. I still might sneek in a little prune & pumpkin while I have it.

nope, came home from work around 1:30, looked in and said pleaseeeeeeeeeeee! no such luck! i don't know where the heck he is putting all the food he eats! there is def nothing wrong with his appetite! i've tried the veg oil, put some on his food which he scarfed up, that was yesterday. if i can ever get him out of the tank he's going in a warm bath. but getting him out is another story......

StaceysBuddy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardies sure know how to worry us! But whenever you get him in the bath, make him swim around.. If you get desperate, rub his belly. You know, the basic stuff, haha. Just keep us updated and we'll help you through it. I did everything I could think of to get Buddy to poop! Haha

bonnie

Hatchling Member
StaceysBuddy":4aux6djf said:
Beardies sure know how to worry us! But whenever you get him in the bath, make him swim around.. If you get desperate, rub his belly. You know, the basic stuff, haha. Just keep us updated and we'll help you through it. I did everything I could think of to get Buddy to poop! Haha

well any ideas on getting him to let me get him out of his tank???? am getting very frustrated here, guy i got him from told me how friendly he was, HAH. i want so bad to be friends with him, but he just don't want me to pick him up. and i DON'T wanna get bit. went thru this same stuff with a cockatiel i had years ago, she would just as soon chew your finger off as be friendly to u. am about ready to go buy a pair of leather gloves and take him whether he wants me to or not. but i don't wanna make him hate me either. HELP!!

StaceysBuddy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Uh... Not exactly sure what you can do about that. I've never been in that boat. :/
Have you looked up anything on google? Or posted your own discussion?

I know other people have had the same problem and it can't be that uncommon, so I'm sure there's something you can do. Give me a little time to look around on the web and see what I can find, but it won't be from experience, just what others say. But I'll try to help!

*and that must really suck, I couldn't imagine trying to care for it and him not like you at all. Buddy was jumpy towards me at first, but never really ran from me where I couldn't get him. We'll figure this out =]

Nibbles

Bonnie, relocation stress can make them not quite themselves for a week or two. Once he gets used to his new home and people he may be more friendly.

bonnie

Hatchling Member
all is GREAT! rocky FINALLY did his duty this morning! i got up, turned on his light, hopped in the shower. told him u HAVE to go today u r freaking me out holding it all in!! got out of the shower, i was like OMG what is that smell?? my dog is sitting by the tv looking up at the tank, looks at me, looks at the tank. i was like PLEASEEEEEE......ran over and yep!!! there it was!! :D :D i have no idea how that body held all that!!! 2 big solid turds and then the rest all over his rock.....changed the papertowels, pulled the rock out and bleached it, setting outside to dry. can u say happy mom here??!! lol

AND.....last night he was letting me pet him with my whole hand, started one finger at a time, gradually increasing it till he was getting a good petting :D this morning after he did his business i reached right in there, pet him, praised him for being such a good boy, he didnt hiss or nothing, let me pet him!

Today is a GREATTTTTTTTTTT day!!!! now gotta get ready, my boy needs some more crickets so gotta run to the pet store....and later on make a call and order some online, prices at the pet store and running there with the price of gas will kill me lol

StaceysBuddy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
That's great news Bonnie!!!

I looked online too btw, never replied yet because most of it just said "it takes time" or do it slowly. But looks like you may have broken the ice with him. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom