STRANGE starfish shape. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone im new to this site so go easy on me lol, I have a question for anyone who can help? My dragon went into brumation at a very early age of about 8 - 9 months and as a result is now a year old and quite small, does anyone think he has missed out on some important growing? My second question is this, he now (after coming out of brumation) lies in his basking spot (and shaded area) in a starfish position! Is this normal? my temps are checked frequently and are correct, he has calcium dust on locusts and his repti sun 10.0 is only 5 months old and is about 10" away from his platform. Please if anyone can help with my questions would be greatful. trying to learn how to get pictures on here as soon as i do i`ll post them..
IMG00022-20120501-1812.jpg

IMG00020-20120501-1624.jpg

IMG00019-20120501-1624.jpg

Evergreen

Juvie Member
I'm not sure about your other concerns but the way he is laying is 100% normal! We call it the "sexy leg" and if you type it into the forum search you'll get a ton of pictures of other dragons doing it :D

dragonadam

Original Poster
thankyou for your quick reply, seen some of the pictures of others doing it now not worried thanks again :D

Chirple

Hatchling Member
As for the growing, I would guess that with good feeding and return of appetite he will most likely "catch up". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom